Windows 10: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I've been having issues with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD, according to bluescreen error the problem seems to be because of my nvidia card as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BJook, Aug 19, 2020.

1. BJook Win User

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hey,

I've been having issues with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD, according to bluescreen error the problem seems to be because of my nvidia card as the error only happens shortly after trying to open a video game. So far I have tried:

Uninstalling the nvidia driver and reinstalling it completely

Malware scan
    Cleaning the fans and heat sink

Stress testing the GPU and CPU both handle the tests fine and I can play games for several hours with no graphical glitches or issues

It seems to happen at random I'm not sure if my GPU is failing because like I said I've stress tested it and it works fine for hours but then other times it will crash the second I open a game. However when I shut down and turn it back on it'll start working again for several more hours before crashing again. I'm not sure at the moment if this is a hardware issue or something else because it seems to be leading both ways. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

BJook, Aug 19, 2020

2. Stop code: Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR restarting computer

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 69ec04ce-1ca0-4bf7-8898-690548266d4e.jpg

I have a coworker who keeps getting this message and her laptop restarts at seemingly random times. I followed all the steps from www.windows.com/stopcode yet it continues to restart randomly. It is an MSI laptop running Windows 10. I noticed (as in the
    image above) that the Stop code is for Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR so I both updated the drivers and rolled back video drivers after updating them did not stop this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

David Tveraas, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Muyak Win User

Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on mouse/keyboard. Home built unit in intel i7-4770k using onboard processor graphics. Anyone else having same occurance?

Muyak, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Lionel_23 Win User

Lionel_23, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR randomy and it shuts down my laptop is acer System Model Aspire A715-75G. I checked in MyAcer about BSOD but it doesn't help me. please help me....
  3. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR randomy and it shuts down my laptop is acer System Model Aspire A715-75G. I checked in MyAcer about BSOD but it doesn't help me. please help me....
  4. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  5. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  6. how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop: I'm not sure why I keep getting this blue screen crash, I have all drivers updated, I have reinstalled graphics drivers with DDU tool. I have reset windows completely and still keep coming back with this error. I changed my MUX switch off at one point so that the PC would...
  7. how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop

how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop: I'm not sure why I keep getting this blue screen crash, I have all drivers updated, I have reinstalled graphics drivers with DDU tool. I have reset windows completely and still keep coming back with this error. I changed my MUX switch off at one point so that the PC would...
  8. Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue: Hello I need help here, I've been experiencing black screen/BSOD that says "DXGKRNL_Fatal_error" and I've already reinstalled Window and done clean reinstallations of every driver but the issue still happens when I try to play a game, I am using a Nitro 5 RTX 4060. An515-68...
  9. Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue

Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue: Hello I need help here, I've been experiencing black screen/BSOD that says "DXGKRNL_Fatal_error" and I've already reinstalled Window and done clean reinstallations of every driver but the issue still happens when I try to play a game, I am using a Nitro 5 RTX 4060. An515-68...
  10. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when I entered youtube in chrome. my laptop is lenovo ideapad gaming 3 15ARH7. please help me...