Windows 10: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming

Discus and support VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week or two ago, and ever since I have been unable to play games for more than an hour without BSOD'ing. Usually I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akuuntus, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Akuuntus Win User

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week or two ago, and ever since I have been unable to play games for more than an hour without BSOD'ing. Usually I get a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, but once or twice it has instead been a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (atikmpag.sys). This happens consistently while trying to play Hearthstone or TERA for extended periods. I know for certain that the last time TERA crashed was exactly at the one-hour mark (because the game alerts you how long you've been playing every hour) and the most recent Hearthstone crash was very near the one-hour mark as well. League of Legends noticeably does not crash my system, but I speculate that is because matches almost never last over an hour, and the game exits to the client after each match.

I frequently clean out junk files and defrag my computer, and frequently use a tool to fix registry errors. I have already gone to NVIDIA's website and installed the latest Win10 driver for my card, and the problem still persists. All three games are played in Borderless Windowed mode.

Any help is appreciated.

I messed up the attachment and don't know how to un-attach something from a post, but the 499.9 KB attachment is the correct one.

:)

Akuuntus, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Akuuntus Win User
    Akuuntus, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Akuuntus Win User

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week or two ago, and ever since I have been unable to play games for more than an hour without BSOD'ing. Usually I get a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR,
    but once or twice it has instead been a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (atikmpag.sys). This happens consistently while trying to play Hearthstone or TERA for extended periods. I know for certain that the last time TERA crashed was exactly at the one-hour mark (because the
    game alerts you how long you've been playing every hour) and the most recent Hearthstone crash was very near the one-hour mark as well. League of Legends noticeably does not crash my system, but I speculate that is because matches almost never last over an
    hour, and the game exits to the client after each match.

I frequently clean out junk files and defrag my computer, and frequently use a tool to fix registry errors. I have already gone to NVIDIA's website and installed the latest Win10 driver for my card, and
    the problem still persists. All three games are played in Borderless Windowed mode.

Running my driver in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 did nothing, and running the games in Compatibility Mode also did nothing.

My computer is a Lenovo Y50 Laptop. Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M. CPU is Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz. I have a bunch of dump files and other diagnostic stuff
    that I would attach but I can't figure out how to attach non-image files to a post on this site

Here

Any help is appreciated.

Akuuntus, Aug 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Akuuntus,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

Thema:

1. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming - Similar Threads - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD

2. BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors: have a HP EliteBook notebook that is giving me BSOD - Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors I have traced through similar threads and have found a tool that allows me to look at the miniDump. Could someone help me understand which Device/drivers the Mini Dump is pointing to so I...
  3. BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS

BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS: Hi everyone, so around Christmas time I got a second hand GTX 1060 6GB ASUS on ebay and when I first installed the drivers I had a few issues but they were minor and were fixed easily. however I couldn't play games as they would either freeze or just crash. I tried everything...
  4. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or black screen and restart when running some games...

BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or black screen and restart when running some games...: Hi, I've made a recent post that the person stopped responding to me, I have a problem when I run a game that it will BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and if it runs, it will slow down and stutter while the sound pops, this happens with many of the games I play now, I gave...
  5. BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: I have been having a few BSODs. One by Non Paged...something I don't remember properly. One by DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. One was caused by atikmdag.sys file/driver. And this is the 3rd one. I am having AMD 530 Radeon. I did try uninstalling the driver & then using...
  6. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hi, I suddenly got this error from yesterday. I tried to review the dump file and the problems seem to be about nvlddmkm.sys and dxgmms2.sys but then I don't know what should do for next step. I have made sure the display card driver and windows are updated, done sfc scan...
  7. BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119: I think it's about the Nvidia graphic card driver. BSODs started a couple weeks ago whenever I tried to start a game, most of the issues were dpc_watchdog_violation and system_thread_exception_not_handled. Then I uninstalled the previous video card driver (which was the...
  8. Frequent VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSODs

Frequent VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSODs: Hey guys. For the past 3 days I've been getting very frequent TDR BSODs. I haven't messed around with the GPU drivers since my last thread. In fact since my last thread everything was fine.. until 3 days ago. :/ dump extractions below. Attachment 142107 Attachment 142108...
  9. Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?: Hi all, Basically, I keep getting a bsod with this same thread. I thought at first it would be an issue with my graphics drivers so I simply reinstalled them. However, this keeps occurring. I have tried multiple versions of the drivers for my gpu and still the same issue....
  10. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error: Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers. Have not noticed any...