Windows 10: video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor

Discus and support video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i am using a laptop but i connected it to a monitor via hdmi-dvi port. When i play League of Legends if i alt-tab to desktop and go back i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Salim Can Özmen, Jun 30, 2020.

1. video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor

Hey, i am using a laptop but i connected it to a monitor via hdmi-dvi port. When i play League of Legends if i alt-tab to desktop and go back i get BSOD with video_scheduler_internal_error. I tried playing without alt tabbing at all and nothing happened. In Civilization 5 i used to have exact problem but when i change directx 9 to 11 it didnt happen again.

P.S my drivers are updated, all of them.

:)

Salim Can Özmen, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Vivian_S Win User

video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor

1. video_scheduler_internal_error on external monitor - Similar Threads - video_scheduler_internal_error external monitor

2. Video_scheduler_internal_error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video_scheduler_internal_error: Hi, Ive been struggling with Blue screen error message Video_scheduler_internal error in windows 10. Got it first time while playing a game. After that my laptop started crashing all over again with this blue screen stop code. Been trying allmost everything that google can...
  3. Bluescreen Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error?: Hello! Unfortunately, this is the second time this week I've had this blue screen... Do you know anything about this blue screen? There's nothing on the website about this... [ATTACH] (Ps: I have Windows 10) Bluescreen Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error?
  4. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hello, I bought a new computer a few weeks ago and I facing a problem with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.....My drivers from my graphics card is up to date. I don't know how to fix it...and its happen when I watching a simple video on youtube... Could you help me?...
  5. BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: I have been having a few BSODs. One by Non Paged...something I don't remember properly. One by DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. One was caused by atikmdag.sys file/driver. And this is the 3rd one. I am having AMD 530 Radeon. I did try uninstalling the driver & then using...
  6. Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error: Hello, I was just finished playing a game and tried to shut down my pc. As it was shutting down, it was trying to close apps still open. Then I get a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and meeds to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will...
  7. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Today I got VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR with a Blue Screen / BSOD I was opening a new tab in Microsoft Edge and had Visual Studio 2017 open. My configuration: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I Chipset Intel Z370 2 monitors connected with Display Port on Asus ROG STRIX...
  8. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hi, I suddenly got this error from yesterday. I tried to review the dump file and the problems seem to be about nvlddmkm.sys and dxgmms2.sys but then I don't know what should do for next step. I have made sure the display card driver and windows are updated, done sfc scan...
  9. Video_scheduler_internal_error

Video_scheduler_internal_error: This problem happens not too often but it has persisted for a long time. It has been happening for months, but since I reformatted, only 3 dumps are available. These all seem to be watchdog driver related and crashed at ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 Attachment 81567 I do not...
  10. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error: Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers. Have not noticed any...