Windows 10: Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio.

Discus and support Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting these since the beginning of May, and today was the first day I was able to capture a dump file for it so that I could report it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Randy G Muller, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio.

I have been getting these since the beginning of May, and today was the first day I was able to capture a dump file for it so that I could report it.

The (apparent) repeatable (and avoidable) scenario which causes the problem:

I use DAZ studio to do some 3d modelling and rendering using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. This almost always happens when I have done some renders (2560x1440 pixels). After the render, the program is still using about 4GB of memory on the 2080. After I save the image, it reduces to about 2GB (instead of going down to zero or near zero). It holds onto this indefinitely. I do nothing else with DAZ Studio, and somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes, the bugcheck occurs.

The first 3 times (5/1, 5/2 and 5/10), a Blue Screen was generated, with dump files. After 5/10, I figured out how to prevent the memory dump from getting deleted. I also realized the same scenario was occurring every time, so I began to actively avoid keeping the project open in DAZ Studio after my last render. On f/26, 6/3, 6/5, 6/6 and today, I actively caused the problem, but until today, no dump file was being generated. I fixed that when I unchecked "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and set Custom Size to 3072/8192 in the Virtual Memory dialog, from Performance Options, from System Properties after I ran sysdm.cpl from the Start Menu.

This is a repeatable and also a semi-avoidable problem, if I am careful. I have not found the simplest, minimal repeatable case yet.

Today, this problem occurred while the computer was asleep, with the laptop screen closed. I thought that the problem was not going to occur, so I put it to sleep. What actually happened was what usually happens: The crash occurred, and the computer went into a loop (I suspect), causing the fans to go into overdrive, and it stayed in that state until I hit the power/sleep button, which is configured to sleep/wakeup, but in this case it immediately powered off. When I rebooted, I checked the event log and checked to see if a dump was generated. It was there.

Error message:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffff8904d72cb010, 0xfffff8019b1b63d4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\060819-10781-01.dmp. Report Id: 62d56a2b-eca3-4175-bc25-8dbf5f6a4a76.

The zipped dump file and MSInfo file are located here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16PhbsLh1dybrOatqmQoHcfpsRVo3WhqF

***Modified Title from: Bugcheck 0x00000116 crash with no Blue Screen***

:)

Randy G Muller, Jun 9, 2019

2. Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys)

My Dell computer with Windows 10 crashes frequently, displaying Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys). When the computer restarts the clock always indicates 1 hour earlier than before the crash. What is the problem?

Mergatroyd 01, Jun 9, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

1) Run Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    At least 8 runs

2) run administrative command prompt:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    For the chkdsk it will require a reboot and may take many hours. Plan to run it overnight.
    To view the chkdsk results run administrative command prompt or powershell: get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

Let us know the results of each study.

Let's troubleshoot performing many of the steps for the driver in this link once memory, chkdsk, operating system integrity steps have been completed.

nvlddmkm.sys on Windows 10 Blue Screen Failure [Solved] - Driver Easy

zbook, Jun 9, 2019
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio.

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

I already ran sfc scannow yesterday, as well as DISM checkhealth, neither returned error. I didn't run DISM restorehealth or chkdsk though, is it still needed?

Btw I'm not getting any BSOD's or any windows problems, only issue is game is freezing and crashing.

Thema:

Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio.

1. Video_TDR_Failure, nvlddmkm.sys resulting crash Windows 10 while using DAZ Studio. - Similar Threads - Video_TDR_Failure nvlddmkm sys

2. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  3. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  4. video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys: HP Notebook 15s -fr2005tuSKU 2N8P8PAi m having this BSOD issue whenever i play game at least once. i tried sfc /scannow but didnt work. rollback driver option is disabled so cant do that. system is fully updated, all drivers too. so please help me find a solution. and please...
  5. Daz studio has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Daz studio has stopped working: I was sick for about 5 days recently, and basically bedridden for the duration. During that time, I preferred to watch movies and recuperate and left my laptop and work station alone. I am an illustrator and use daz studio as a simple tool to pose characters for reference....
  6. Sudden crash while using DAZ Studio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden crash while using DAZ Studio on Windows 10: I was using DAZ Studio today when my PC suddenly crashed. The first time my new PC ever threw a BSOD at me since I received it. I already have the dump file open but I can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe someone here can read it? I appreciate your help. Edition...
  7. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  8. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks: I was using bluestacks when BSOD happened. Everything went blue and it said your pc has just run in to trouble we are collecting the error files then you can restart. If you need help with this error search this Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys not exactly what said *Smile...
  9. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. daz studio randomely crashes all the time

2. windows crashing while using powerdirector17 nvlddmkm.sys