Windows 10: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on 15.7/15.7.1 drivers when connecting to TV w/ HDMI

Discus and support VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on 15.7/15.7.1 drivers when connecting to TV w/ HDMI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've never experienced any problems when connecting to my TV before. Since updating to the newest drivers, when I connect my laptop to my TV using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BrownianMotion, Aug 2, 2015.

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on 15.7/15.7.1 drivers when connecting to TV w/ HDMI

I've never experienced any problems when connecting to my TV before.

Since updating to the newest drivers, when I connect my laptop to my TV using HDMI, the TV screen flashes on and off and I get a message on my laptop saying that the graphics drivers have stopped and have successfully recovered. If I continue to leave the HDMI plugged in (for about 10 seconds) I eventually get a blue screen with the error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

As I said, this happens with both the 15.7 and 15.7.1 drivers. I don't have DX12 or WDDM 2.0. I'm on DX 11.2 WDDM 1.3. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, in 15.7.1, when I try to watch blu rays on my laptop using PowerDVD I get an error about copyright protection. Cyberlink BD advisor says that the drivers are not HDCP compliant.

Could the HDMI issue be related to HDCP?

Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

BrownianMotion, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Bolanator Win User

No surround via XFX 6950 HDMI after Installing Windows 10

No dice on any of that. I have it connected via HDMI to my Vizio smart TV, which then passes audio to the surround via optical. This was never an issue, but I'll try using the HDMI pass through on the receiver to see if it then sees that I have surround.
    I don't think that's the fix. I think that the video card needs to be upgraded to use the 15.7 driver. Well that's the catalyst version the driver is 15.2. Within the catalyst program, there is no "audio" selection to configure anything.

Ok, tried the pass through & no surround, still just stereo. Audio driver is installed.

Bolanator, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Jussi P. Win User
    Windows 10 external monitor via surround receiver, no signal

Hi,

I have one monitor connected to AMD Radeon HD7950 via direct HDMI cable, and TV connected via Pioneer VSX-924 surround receiver using Mini-displayport-HDMI adapter (so mini-displayport-HDMI adapter from HD7950 to receiver,
    and normal HDMI cable from receiver to TV). On Windows 8.1 it works fine, but on Windows 10, the TV is no longer receiving signal. Windows 10 is detecting the TV device just fine, I can see it even in AMD Catalyst Control Center, but TV is just saying "No
    Signal". If I connect the mini-displayport-HDMI cable directly from HD7950 to TV, it works fine, so it only stops working when going via the surround receiver.

I have the latest Radeon version 15.7.1, and all updates installed to Windows 10. Is this Catalyst issue or Pioneer receiver issue or Windows 10 issue? Is there anything else I can do except wait for update to one or more
    of the three? I've since reverted back to Windows 8.1 as HTPC is useless if it cannot send signal to TV.

I tried removing Catalyst drivers and reinstalling everything, no help. I even did a clean Windows 10 installation, still the same behavior.

Jussi P., Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on 15.7/15.7.1 drivers when connecting to TV w/ HDMI

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on 15.7/15.7.1 drivers when connecting to TV w/ HDMI - Similar Threads - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE drivers connecting

2. Bluetooth drivers for Dell XPS 15 2015 w Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers for Dell XPS 15 2015 w Windows 11: After a restart Windows 11 resets the drivers, so I cannot connect to any Bluetooth device.Device Manager shows that it cannot start the Intel driver error: config information incomplete in registry is incomplete or damaged code 19. This is the only driver that shows up in...
  3. WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes: My WIFI in my laptop always drops for 1 week now. It will only connect for 15 minutes then drop its connection. On the status sometimes I see connected secured but cant access any sites in any browser. I checked my other device and dont have that kind of issue. The computer...
  4. WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes: My WIFI in my laptop always drops for 1 week now. It will only connect for 15 minutes then drop its connection. On the status sometimes I see connected secured but cant access any sites in any browser. I checked my other device and dont have that kind of issue. The computer...
  5. WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.: Windows 10 is starting to get on my nerves. Ever since windows 10 added its own windows driver updater included with its own updates, I have experienced the pain and agony of buggy drivers, trying to keep it compatible with my device through amd's own updater, and after...
  7. Port is missing after 7-15 update

Port is missing after 7-15 update: I have a Lenovo Win 10 Pro 64 bit I5 laptop computer. I have a serial to usb cable running a device called Robo Focus by Technical Innovations. The device was listed on Com 1. It worked fine until the update above. No com ports are listed until I go to hidden devices. I...
  8. HKU\S-1-15.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HKU\S-1-15.: Alright so, I got a virus from downloading a dodgy game. realised i had a virus and formatted my pc. I wiped everything, poth my ssd and hard drive. Exactly 7 days after i format my pc these same problems come back, windows defender cant find anything though. However. While...
  9. HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.: After a month or two on giving up on trying to get my computer to push sound to my TV, i notice whenever i turn the laptop on, the TV says that a DVI input is being made, and I've got a feeling that is part of the problem. I have a feeling the laptop is the problem because i...
  10. Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Toshiba: new 7-Aug-15

Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Toshiba: new 7-Aug-15: Toshiba released an updated Synaptics touch pad driver yesterday that fixed my scrolling issues: http://support.toshiba.com/support/v...tentId=4002846 I had 2-finger scroll but not 1-finger scroll. I tried a solution of adding a DWORD to the registry that did not work...