Windows 10: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on

Discus and support VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to get a monitor that IS good so I can prevent my GPU from being destroyed by the test. Are there any others you are certain that are good? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cshadd, Sep 20, 2015.

1. cshadd Win User

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on

I want to get a monitor that IS good so I can prevent my GPU from being destroyed by the test. Are there any others you are certain that are good?

cshadd, Sep 26, 2015
  2. axe0 New Member

I cannot say.
    I'll ask @essenbe for it.

3. axe0 New Member
  4. essenbe Win User

According to your specs, your GPU is part of your CPU. I honestly don't know what a monitoring program will be able to tell that a CPU Monitoring program won't show, which is Temps.

You can try HW Monitor HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

MSI Afterburner MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more, which is basically an overclocking program, but has some excellent monitoring functions with it. You don't need to overclock with it to use the monitoring parts.

GPUz will give you a lot of info about your graphics, GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

essenbe, Sep 26, 2015
  5. cshadd Win User
    Okay, I'll try the Furmark program later.

cshadd, Sep 26, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Keep a very close watch on your temps, both CPU and GPU. Stop the test if they get too high.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on - Similar Threads - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE turning monitor

2. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: Buongiorno, la causa di questo problema è legata alla scheda video? Perchè nelle info mi esce questo: elemento che ha causato questo problema: nvlddmkm.sysPossiedo una MX450Grazie...
  3. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Nightmare

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Nightmare: So, I have built my first PC, and it uses AMD Ryzen 3 2200g's integrated graphics. But no matter what I try, it seems to pull up this "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" message. I can't find the reason why it does this, but I feel hopeless. -Updated my BIOS (Didn't work) -Updated my...
  4. Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: What failed: nvlddmkm.sys I started receive this BSOD issue when I was playing a game, not from the start but after some time playing it. However in the recent times I get this BSOD random when I use my laptop. I tried updating Graphic card drivers from device manager, it...
  5. Video_Tdr_Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video_Tdr_Failure: Im getting the Video TDR failure error and I was just wondering if based on this error log, is my PC actually using these Nvidia drivers? They arnt the drivers I have installed but maybe a clean install is needed? crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably...
  6. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure: I'm getting BSOD regularly with many games. Usually when i alt+tab and open them again. Or my screen blinks and crashes whatever game i was playing, or it simply BSOD. The only pattern i found is that is minimizing/maximazing related (at least i think so, it always happen...
  7. BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA: Hey there, I just found an old Pocket Projector (3M Micro Professional Projector MPro110) and wanted to connect it via VGA cable to my Laptop (it is a VGA cable with some kind of Micro-VGA plug on the side that gets plugged into the Beamer) Unfortunately, I always get a...
  8. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi guys, I'm having issues with my Windows 10, 64-bit Asus laptop. Every time I run a graphics-related program (e.g. Adobe Lightroom or Autodesk Fusion 360), my computer crashes almost as soon as I perform a task. Sometimes it will freeze for a short while, go blank and...
  9. Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS)

Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS): I have Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop ( Intel Core i7-3630QM/8 GB /1 TB HDD/ Win10 Pro/ Nvidia Graphics GeForce GT 650M- 2GB I am getting Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) error. I tried to reinstall drivers many time, tried old version driver also. Please help *Sad...
  10. Video_tdr_failure

Video_tdr_failure: Was using iTunes with the visual effects mode turned on (shows particles/flashes/etc depending on music playback, you know, like windows used to have in their media player) It was kinda laggy so I restarted iTunes, but this time I right clicked it and selected "run with...