Windows 10: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on

Discus and support VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have dual monitors, one is VGA, one is HDMI, today when I turned the HDMI monitor on, my second monitor started flickering and it resulted in a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cshadd, Sep 20, 2015.

1. cshadd Win User

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on

I have dual monitors, one is VGA, one is HDMI, today when I turned the HDMI monitor on, my second monitor started flickering and it resulted in a BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I am unsure why this is because it only happened on one other occasion, being a month ago.

I did an sfc /scannow and Windows reports no corruption. I am starting to think it is the driver.

I have attached dump files.

:)

cshadd, Sep 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS)

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

However I am not encountering this issue due to playing graphic intensive games or when playing high quality videos.

It happens when

Push the pc turn on button > windows logo screen > black screen (Video_tdr_failure) > manual pc restart > windows logo screen > successfully go into log in page

My question is, why do i face this problem everyday? I am using SSD, with 4 monitors (2 monitors per graphic card). Is it because i load into the windows logo screen to quickly (SSD) ? As i dont see any problem once i manually restart my pc.

Please advice what i should do with it.

regards

Kenny_chan123, Sep 20, 2015
  3. User826 Win User
    How to fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) WIN 10

When i turn on laptop after a couple of minutes I get blue screen saying "Your computer run into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info,and then we'll restart for you." And under
    that VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

What should I do?

User826, Sep 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi cshadd,

The VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE crash is related to the drivers of your graphics card.
    It basically means that the drivers didn't react anymore, windows tried to activate them but because the timeout was too much it was catched by this crash.

Please install the newest graphics drivers from Intel here
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm igdkmd64start end module name fffff800`3ca40000 fffff800`3d07d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D) CheckSum: 0061C20F ImageSize: 0063D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. cshadd Win User
    [/quote] How do I find which one is compatible?

cshadd, Sep 20, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    If you have the Intel Driver Update Utility installed you can check from there, but do NOT install from the program.
    Unfortunately I do not know if you have it installed, because that file is almost empty of information.

7. cshadd Win User
    It seems to have worked. I'll mark as solved for now.

cshadd, Sep 22, 2015
  8. cshadd Win User

Came out with a driver display error that successfully recovered. However it was caused by the Intel(R) display drivers. This is from the updated drivers that I installed and I wonder if these debugs can help with solving the error and prevent my driver from crashing as well as prevent any future BSOD:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎09/‎23/‎2015 10:50 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe001d27e04c0
    Parameter 2: fffff8017bbb6550
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 1f4
    OS version: 10_0_10240
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    WD-20150923-2249.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: BAD_DUMPFILE

cshadd, Sep 23, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file

10. cshadd Win User
    Update: Just received the same BSOD randomly, even after updating drivers. I put the dump files in.

cshadd, Sep 26, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty

12. cshadd Win User
    Sorry. I reattached it.

cshadd, Sep 26, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Are there any newer drivers for the GPU?
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys[/quote] If not, please run Furmark

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Please note the temperature of the GPU when idle and under load.

14. cshadd Win User
    There apparently was a newer driver that I had to install that came out recently. I am going to try that. In the meantime, is there any tool to monitor GPU temperatures?

cshadd, Sep 26, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on - Similar Threads - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE turning monitor

2. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: Buongiorno, la causa di questo problema è legata alla scheda video? Perchè nelle info mi esce questo: elemento che ha causato questo problema: nvlddmkm.sysPossiedo una MX450Grazie...
  3. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Nightmare

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Nightmare: So, I have built my first PC, and it uses AMD Ryzen 3 2200g's integrated graphics. But no matter what I try, it seems to pull up this "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" message. I can't find the reason why it does this, but I feel hopeless. -Updated my BIOS (Didn't work) -Updated my...
  4. Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: What failed: nvlddmkm.sys I started receive this BSOD issue when I was playing a game, not from the start but after some time playing it. However in the recent times I get this BSOD random when I use my laptop. I tried updating Graphic card drivers from device manager, it...
  5. Video_Tdr_Failure

Video_Tdr_Failure: Im getting the Video TDR failure error and I was just wondering if based on this error log, is my PC actually using these Nvidia drivers? They arnt the drivers I have installed but maybe a clean install is needed? crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably...
  6. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure: I'm getting BSOD regularly with many games. Usually when i alt+tab and open them again. Or my screen blinks and crashes whatever game i was playing, or it simply BSOD. The only pattern i found is that is minimizing/maximazing related (at least i think so, it always happen...
  7. BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA: Hey there, I just found an old Pocket Projector (3M Micro Professional Projector MPro110) and wanted to connect it via VGA cable to my Laptop (it is a VGA cable with some kind of Micro-VGA plug on the side that gets plugged into the Beamer) Unfortunately, I always get a...
  8. Monitor Auto Configuration When Turned On

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Auto Configuration When Turned On: I have two monitors. The one that is giving me the issue is the AOC e2050Swd 20-Inch Class Screen LED-Lit Computer Monitor, 1600 x 900 Resolution, 5ms, 20M:1DCR, VGA/DVI, VESA. I have tried updating the graphics card, I've tried updating the chipset drivers, and I've tried...
  9. Monitor Auto Configuration When Turned On

Monitor Auto Configuration When Turned On: I have two monitors. The one that is giving me the issue is the AOC e2050Swd 20-Inch Class Screen LED-Lit Computer Monitor, 1600 x 900 Resolution, 5ms, 20M:1DCR, VGA/DVI, VESA. I have tried updating the graphics card, I've tried updating the chipset drivers, and I've tried...
  10. Video_tdr_failure

Video_tdr_failure: Was using iTunes with the visual effects mode turned on (shows particles/flashes/etc depending on music playback, you know, like windows used to have in their media player) It was kinda laggy so I restarted iTunes, but this time I right clicked it and selected "run with...