Windows 10: Video_Tdr_Failure

Discus and support Video_Tdr_Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im getting the Video TDR failure error and I was just wondering if based on this error log, is my PC actually using these Nvidia drivers? They arnt the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeweyCheats, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Video_Tdr_Failure

Im getting the Video TDR failure error and I was just wondering if based on this error log, is my PC actually using these Nvidia drivers? They arnt the drivers I have installed but maybe a clean install is needed?

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF807357F41AC)
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF820AC37A1010, 0xFFFFF807357F41AC, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 326.60
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 326.60
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 326.60 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

:)

DeweyCheats, Jul 20, 2019

2. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and 0x80070091

Since you're having issues accessing your PC settings, there are troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve your concern.

We suggest that you check and follow the steps made by Prabhavathi Patil on this
    link. Other community members found this helpful. You can also check other
    suggestions on the link on how to resolve the error code 0x80070091 and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE problem.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 20, 2019
  3. BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE post - issue unknown

Hi Mikael,

The Video_TDR_Failure error may have been caused by an incompatible display driver. Since you mentioned that you already updated the graphics card driver, we suggest performing the steps provided on this
    link to troubleshoot the blue screen error.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Video_Tdr_Failure

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused for you as unable to play the game due to an error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

Check this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557263(v=vs.85).aspx

The most common reason for this issue is that the graphics device is being overloaded or used beyond its capabilities.

This happens most often when playing graphic intensive games, but can happen with any process that uses a large amount of graphic resources, such as when editing or creating videos.

I would suggest you to download the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer website and install it in compatibility mode. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer since its specific to that particular game.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Video_Tdr_Failure

1. Video_Tdr_Failure - Similar Threads - Video_Tdr_Failure

2. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys BSOD: I've been getting this specific BSOD constantly whenever I start putting my dedicated GPU under stress, I have tried so many fixes, such as sfc /scannow, reinstall drivers with DDU, memory integrity test, start-up disk checks, different versions, and none of them work at...
  3. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys BSOD: I've been getting this specific BSOD constantly whenever I start putting my dedicated GPU under stress, I have tried so many fixes, such as sfc /scannow, reinstall drivers with DDU, memory integrity test, start-up disk checks, different versions, and none of them work at...
  4. How to fix: nvlddmkm.sys Video_TDR_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix: nvlddmkm.sys Video_TDR_Failure: While I was playing a CPU-intensive game, my laptop froze and displayed a BSOD. It was Video_TDR_Failure caused by nvlddmkm.sys. I rebooted my laptop and when I opened up a browser, it did the same thing. So, for the next reboot, I disabled my Nvidia driver in the Device...
  5. How to fix: nvlddmkm.sys Video_TDR_Failure

How to fix: nvlddmkm.sys Video_TDR_Failure: While I was playing a CPU-intensive game, my laptop froze and displayed a BSOD. It was Video_TDR_Failure caused by nvlddmkm.sys. I rebooted my laptop and when I opened up a browser, it did the same thing. So, for the next reboot, I disabled my Nvidia driver in the Device...
  6. How to fix: nvlddmkm.sys Video_TDR_Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. almost constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    almost constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: The issue started a few weeks ago, a few days after a particularly nasty thunderstorm that resulted in a night-long blackout in my neighborhood, i'm not sure if this could have perhaps affected what started happening afterwards, since the last time my computer had such an...
  8. almost constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

almost constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: The issue started a few weeks ago, a few days after a particularly nasty thunderstorm that resulted in a night-long blackout in my neighborhood, i'm not sure if this could have perhaps affected what started happening afterwards, since the last time my computer had such an...
  9. almost constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Livekernelevent 141 and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

Livekernelevent 141 and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: So recently i decided to upgrade my computer with a new graphics card. These are the new specs:Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix b550i WIFICPU: Ryzen 5 5600xmemory: Ballistix 2x8GB 3600 MHzStorage: Samsung 980 1TBPSU: NZXT C650W 80+ goldGPU: I upgraded from a 2060 6G to a 4060ti...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video_tdr_failure failded nvlddmkm.sys