Windows 10: Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle

Discus and support Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i leave my music playing on videolan player on idle, it seems to pause for a moment then replays on my windows 10 gaming pc, it does it alot when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teknosfinest, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle

when i leave my music playing on videolan player on idle, it seems to pause for a moment then replays on my windows 10 gaming pc, it does it alot when on idle, how do i fix this issue?

:)

Teknosfinest, Jan 19, 2020
  2. rajn1 Win User

Videolan VLC works

Thanks CharlieVA for suggesting Videolan VLC Player. Its Free and it works!!
    Here are the steps, so everyone can benefit.
    1. Download Videolan VLC Player from the Internet. Click Run. Like all free software adding them and their partners to toolbars etc is pre checked. Uncheck all the ones you do not want and click Next until finished. There will be a clown hat at the bottom of your screen. Click it to launch the software.
    2. Right click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, then Hardware/ Sound, you will see Autoplay under Devices and Printers
    3. Click on Change Default Settings for Media or Devices. For ‘Play DVD and for enhanced DVD’, choose Videolan VLC as the default option from the drop down.
    4. Click Save and you are good to Go !!

rajn1, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
  4. NigelH42 Win User

Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle

Videolan VLC video player and windows 10

Hi

Can anyone help please?

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have found to my detriment that Movie maker and VideoLan VLc player no longer seem to work.

I have run the compatability checks and tried switching settings to both windows 8.1 and windows 7 but STILL no joy.....

Any suggestions please - desperately need to run some .VOB files for a training session and cant get them to play at all

All help gratefully recevied - or suggestion of a video player that DOES work with wiindows 10

Come on Microsoft - what have you done?!!

NigelH42, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle

1. Videolan player on my windows 10 gaming pc, pauses music when on idle - Similar Threads - Videolan player gaming

2. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working: How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details like in win 10.. in win 11 it doesn't showing which track is playing when i skip it while gaming, working, unless we have to...
  3. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working: How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details like in win 10.. in win 11 it doesn't showing which track is playing when i skip it while gaming, working, unless we have to...
  4. Videolan Player Pausing

Videolan Player Pausing: Hi, videolan player seems to pause for a split second when i open a new video file, it never did this before, i don't know if its a setting issue or just an natural cause....
  5. Videolan Player Pausing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videolan Player Pausing: Hi, videolan player seems to pause for a split second when i open a new video file, it never did this before, i don't know if its a setting issue or just an natural cause....
  6. Spotify keeps pausing Music or stopping on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Spotify keeps pausing Music or stopping on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Spotify is the go-to music streaming platform for a lot of users. It is available on the major platforms, but as of late a lot of its Windows users were complaining that Spotify keeps stopping or pausing music in the middle of a session, without any reason. In this...
  7. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC freezes only when idle.: Ever since I've gotten my current PC I've had an issue. The machine plays games perfectly and I've had no issues playing games at maxed out settings.However, the problem with this PC is that it will just randomly freeze when IDLE. The PC has never frozen when I'm playing a...
  8. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

Gaming PC freezes only when idle.: Ever since I've gotten my current PC I've had an issue. The machine plays games perfectly and I've had no issues playing games at maxed out settings.However, the problem with this PC is that it will just randomly freeze when IDLE. The PC has never frozen when I'm playing a...
  9. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. music player windows 10

music player windows 10: player will not play multi chooses , only one selection. I highlight 3 songs , it only plays the last one. 21058