Windows 10: Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help!

Discus and support Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Please redirect me if I am not posting in the right area! All paused media restart on their own after about 30 seconds whether the page is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neurophyte, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help!

Hello,

Please redirect me if I am not posting in the right area!

All paused media restart on their own after about 30 seconds whether the page is up or minimized. This happens on Edge and Chrome but *not* Mozilla. It also happens on paused videos as well as audio streams like Spotify. I have to close the tabs or navigate away to get them to stop.

I have tried updating audio and display drivers but that didn't help or it says I have the most up to date/best one already --- but should I uninstall some and reinstall?

I tried to find my issue already discussed but no luck so far.

I think it started happening a month or so ago but I am unsure @ which update.

Thanks!

:)

Neurophyte, Sep 7, 2020
  2. KSTang1 Win User

Audio and video pauses automatically

Audio and video pause automatically (and sometimes pause and play) only when I use an internal (Youtube, google) or 3rd party software (windows media player, VLC, films &TVs ).
    1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.
    2. No virus (after scan)
    3. Since the spacebar key is usually associated with play & pause, I tried typing something in MS word. I did not see any auto space being generated between 2 letters. (tested for 5 mins)
    4. Autoplay and pause (sometimes just pause) occur maybe after 20 seconds. (it is random)
    5. I can actually see the virtual pause and play button is toggled. (no other error message is shown, it happens as if I am physically pressing the spacebar key.

6. issues in Windows 10

7. the window also very lag when it happening

8. Driver issues? Which driver is it? Any suggestions or experiences? Please share your thoughts.

KSTang1, Sep 7, 2020
  3. My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help!

no audio after pausing video until resume video

Whenever i pause a video in discord youtube Netflix etc. my audio pauses until resume (im using qc 35 II bluetoothed stereo audio).

NathanDavis7, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help!

1. Videos and Audio starting on their own while paused -- help! - Similar Threads - Videos Audio starting

2. Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help: Hello... I have a mini pc running Windows 11, Karafun for Karaoke and YouTube videos for audio in between singers. I'm using the headphone jack to output audio to my mixer and from mixer to powered speakers. The mixer also has two wireless mics hooked up. The computer sends...
  3. Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help: Hello... I have a mini pc running Windows 11, Karafun for Karaoke and YouTube videos for audio in between singers. I'm using the headphone jack to output audio to my mixer and from mixer to powered speakers. The mixer also has two wireless mics hooked up. The computer sends...
  4. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.: Got a strange one here:When watching videos or streaming, the audio randomly pauses, the video continues for a second or so, then the video pauses, the audio restarts, and then when they both get to the same point, they both continue as normal. This will happen with streaming...
  5. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.: Got a strange one here:When watching videos or streaming, the audio randomly pauses, the video continues for a second or so, then the video pauses, the audio restarts, and then when they both get to the same point, they both continue as normal. This will happen with streaming...
  6. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, All paused media restart on their own after about 30 seconds whether the page is up or minimized. This happens on Edge and Chrome but not Mozilla. It also happens on paused videos as well as audio streams like Spotify. I have to close the tabs or navigate away to get...
  7. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, Windows 10 Home vers. 2004 / OS Build 19041.450 New to the forums, first post, so I hope you will excuse me if I'm not posting correctly. Please let me know! I tried to find my issue already discussed but no luck so far. All paused media restart on their own after...
  8. Can't pause either video or audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pause either video or audio: I tried Spotify, YouTube, Windows 10 video player, after video/audio is paused, it will be played again without me asking it to play. I think I only have this problem recently, anybody else??? HELP!!!! submitted by /u/yzd0014 [link] [comments]...
  9. Audio & video Play Pause automatically

Audio & video Play Pause automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal YouTube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the space bar key...
  10. Audio and video pauses automatically

Audio and video pauses automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the spacebar key...