Windows 10: videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side

Discus and support videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I'm encountering a problem when playing any kind of video on my windows 10 laptop. I've tried to look in the film&TV settings but couldn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreaParisella1, Apr 20, 2020.

1. videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side

hello,
    I'm encountering a problem when playing any kind of video on my windows 10 laptop. I've tried to look in the film&TV settings but couldn't find anything that addressed the issue. Whenever I play videos, wether on browser or from mediaplayer the colours appear shifted with a red or blue "halo" around shapes, as if the colour channels were displaced, and I have a vertical band on the left side of my media player that shows the right edge of the video. Strangely enough I found that pressing the windows key on my keyboard toggles this shift on and off, but of course it is not a fix as part of my screen is occupied by the start menu, and as soon as I close it the issues shows up again. Is there a way or update that fixes this problem?
    Thank you in advance,
    Andrea

:)

AndreaParisella1, Apr 20, 2020

2. White vertical bands appearing on the phone's screen

i have brought a nokia xl last year suddenly white vertical bands started to appear on my phone's screen and they are irritating , wat can i do

***Original title: sruthi***

sruthichowdary, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Little bubbles appearing in vertical line on screen

These small round "bubbles" appear on my screen. They move around a vertical band slightly left of centre and activate apps they touch. Cursor vibrates and disappears. Computer is basically useless.

What have I got and what can I do.

Tks

Bill

BiuGoodman, Apr 20, 2020
  4. videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side

S2716DG color banding.

I've been using S2716DG for 19 months now, and while I love this monitor so much color banding has always been an issue for me, and many users reported it as well. It is most prominently visible in videos, and I watch a ton of them every day on youtube. I tried everything ppl say should alleviate the problem:
    -custom icc profiles
    -adjusting with contrast/brightness/colors in OSD
    -adjusting gamma and vibrance in nvcp
    and while they did help a little with color reproduction, the banding issue was still very pronounced.
    Then,just today,I stumbled upon a trick that apparently works, don't know how and why, but the banding in videos in almost gone like with a snap of a finger. My monitor brightness was at 40% in OSD, and the brigtness setting in nvcp is default 50%. Terrible banding in some videos. Now just today,totally by chance, I discovered that putting the brightness in nvcp at 22% eliminates 99% of the banding for me, to the extent I can't see it anymore unless I squint and try to pick up very tiny details. Then I used the monitor's OSD to raise the brightness and the brightess is back to the same level it used to be before and banding is gone. This puzzles me a lot. Why does adjusting brightness in OSD not remove it, but adjusting it in nvcp works wonders?

Like in this video,before the brightness adjustments in nvcp, banding on the black backround and around the red album cover was clearly visible from 2 metes away, now it's almost completely gone even if I'm sitting close.

Not only banding on colors is greatly reduced, white looks a lot less "dirty" than it used to be before,colors are more vibrant. Quite frankly I'm stunned, the the monitor has never looked that good..... It's been 19 months I've been using it with banding and sort of greyish white color....

cucker tarlson, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side

1. videos appear color-shifted and vertical band on left side - Similar Threads - videos appear color

2. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  3. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  4. left side shift and enter key, both not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left side shift and enter key, both not working.: when I was chatting in game suddenly my shift and enter key not work at all. I thought it was the keyboard driver so I decided to uninstall it. then restart pc, but still problem is there. and I thought it was sticky keys , but when I checked it , everything was turned off....
  5. left side shift and enter key, both not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left side shift and enter key, both not working.: when I was chatting in game suddenly my shift and enter key not work at all. I thought it was the keyboard driver so I decided to uninstall it. then restart pc, but still problem is there. and I thought it was sticky keys , but when I checked it , everything was turned off....
  6. left side shift and enter key, both not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 1 inc black vertical band

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 inc black vertical band: why do I have a 1 inc black vertical band on my right side of laptop screen, try diverent resolutions not working. was working great before. pls can someone help me with this....
  8. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  9. Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right: Hi, My videos youtube, facebook, even the test video in settings app on Windows 10 play normally at first on startup for a few hours, and then the colors suddenly become offset/shifted to the right, and there is a small vertical strip on the left of the video. I believe...
  10. dispaly shifting to the left so left side is cut off

dispaly shifting to the left so left side is cut off: How do I get my display back in the center of the screen? It is gradually shifting to the left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispaly-shifting-to-the-left-so-left-side-is-cut/a5b3e9e3-dac9-4eb2-b534-0d8c0ba148d4