Windows 10: Videos are not playing on certain websites

Discus and support Videos are not playing on certain websites in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajms_437, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ajms_437 Win User

Videos are not playing on certain websites

Hello,

Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the issue persists. Not sure what else I can be doing.

Anthony

***Original title: Loading error retry on websites using Windows 10 after an update***

:)

ajms_437, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I completely understand that you have not received any response from the support team. As you are unable to play videos in the app and on OneDrive website, I suggest you to refer the article

Video formats you can play on the OneDrive website
    to know about the video formats that are supported by OneDrive website.

You can get in touch with the OneDrive support team, follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 10, 2019
  4. swill517 Win User

I have an HTC HD7, and certain websites require flash to play videos.

I have an HTC HD7, and certain websites require flash to play videos. I know flash is not supported with windows phone but I'd like to know is there any way that I can download some type of software or something similar to flash so that I can view those
    videos? I have downloaded the update for windows 7.5 on my HD7 also. Is there any new features that I can use to view those videos from my update??

swill517, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Videos are not playing on certain websites - Similar Threads - Videos are playing

2. It won’t let me open certain websites or play any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won’t let me open certain websites or play any games: I’m not sure if it was because of the new update I downloaded but now it says I’m connected to the wifi but when I go onto anything other than YouTube or google it will tell me to “check my connection”. My games also don’t work when I try to open them telling me to connect to...
  3. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  4. Screen Flickering on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering on certain websites: So I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a linx 12x64 for watching Netflix whilst commuting/travelling and light office work. (budget device I know but great for light tasks) Recently I've noticed that, when viewing some websites in both Edge and Chrome,...
  5. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  6. Videos will not play on OneDrive website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos will not play on OneDrive website: I am unable to play the videos on OneDrive website because they occasionally stop playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-not-play-on-onedrive-website/4f2ae82e-27f5-4b0d-8f9f-351e46f949d0
  7. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  8. Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.: I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard. (I also have an nVidia...
  9. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops: When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas? I was using Edge...
  10. Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos: I run three monitors off my Lenovo ThinkPad L580 via docking station. Occasionally I'll run across a website that will cause one of my monitors to go blank gray (usually monitor #2). The monitor is still identified and the computer believes it's working properly, but the...