Windows 10: Videos auto skipping on Windows 10

Discus and support Videos auto skipping on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, One of my clients is having this really odd issue, when he tries to watch any videos specifically on MSN News page it plays the Ad, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luiz Buck, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Luiz Buck Win User

Videos auto skipping on Windows 10

Hello there,

One of my clients is having this really odd issue, when he tries to watch any videos specifically on MSN News page it plays the Ad, then the video runs for about 25% of the video and immediately SKIPS TO THE NEXT video, then another Ad is served then around 25% in it jumps to the next video and so on...

It happens on Edge, Firefox and Chrome. It DOES NOT happen on YouTube.

We tried all the usual, reset settings, clean temp files, disable hardware acceleration, run antivirus, uninstalled Ad Blocking software, restarted several times and the issued persists. Also tried the EDGE:FLAG to disable auto play, nothing changes.

Weirdest of issues...again it doesn't affect Netflix, YouTube or other streaming services.

Any ideas short of reinstalling Windows? To my client right now this is not an option.

Thanks

Luiz Buck

:)

Luiz Buck, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Videos auto skipping on Windows 10

Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Videos auto skipping on Windows 10

1. Videos auto skipping on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Videos auto skipping

2. Videos Keep Skipping Backwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos Keep Skipping Backwards: Heyo!So I’ve had an issue with a brand new PC running on Windows 11. Upon startup, my Windows Key doesn’t work, and videos in a playlist/music playlists will not work at all. Instead, video playlists will only play the very first video in the playlist, then constantly jump...
  3. Videos Keep Skipping Backwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos Keep Skipping Backwards: Heyo!So I’ve had an issue with a brand new PC running on Windows 11. Upon startup, my Windows Key doesn’t work, and videos in a playlist/music playlists will not work at all. Instead, video playlists will only play the very first video in the playlist, then constantly jump...
  4. Video & Audio auto pause issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video & Audio auto pause issue in windows 10: Hi there, From last couple of days, video/audio is getting paused automatically in my laptop. I have tested in every browsers, Media Players. where ever i am playing any video/audeo it's getting paused automatically.I use Lenovo Ideapad s-540Purchased on 2020 feb.OS I use is...
  5. Auto brightness in videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto brightness in videos?: Hi everyone! Whenever I watch videos, it seems too bright. It seems to happen all the time unless I press windows key or anything on the task bar, like the audio icon, wifi, etc. Nothing else seems over-brightened except videos. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  6. MS Video Editor for Windows 10 - Video skipping frames

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Video Editor for Windows 10 - Video skipping frames: I've created several videos in MS Video Editor from footage shot with my android phone. They've all turned out great until now. Now, video footage that plays fine in Window Media Player or "Movies and TV" becomes choppy and skips frames after editing it in "Video Editor"....
  7. Streaming Videos Skip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaming Videos Skip: I've noticed lately that YouTube and Amazon videos skip or hesitate and will sometimes crash the computer. I have to wait a few minutes to restart when that happens otherwise it'll just shut down again. I've got a HP 6735b laptop with Windows 10...
  8. Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB 2019, with a i5-8250U CPU, Intel UHD Graphics 620. Everything was working fine till a couple of days ago when my media player, upon clicking on a mp4 file, starts the video, then skips through it like it's on 7x or 8x speed and straight...
  9. Windows 10, Went back to Studduring Sound, Skipping on Videoes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Went back to Studduring Sound, Skipping on Videoes.: Hi, I 4Got how to select High Performance on My Windows 10 Pc. It must have got Resest because Videos R studding. I think the Settings got Changed. How do I change it back to High PerFormance?...
  10. Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade: I did a fresh format of Windows 10 on my laptop and ever since any video playback skips/stutters about every few minutes in VLC or Media Player. I have updated my graphics card, sound card, and am up to date on windows 10. I've seen other threads in other forums on this and...