Windows 10: Videos barely working.

Discus and support Videos barely working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, my computer has been acting strange with videos recently. Videos will barely load when I have pretty much perfect internet, and if they do load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bon_deen, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Bon_deen Win User

Videos barely working.

So, my computer has been acting strange with videos recently. Videos will barely load when I have pretty much perfect internet, and if they do load sometimes the sound doesn't work and then my whole entire sound on my computer is randomly turned off?

I have to restart my whole entire computer to watch one YouTube video! but then once I watch one it breaks again.

I don't know if it can be any apps but I always have Excel, Snipping Tool, Discord and Notepad open if any of those could be the issue. This computer is also fairly new, I've only closed it and opened it about 20 times. I've also tried using other browsers other than Google like Microsoft Edge and Firefox but they don't fix the issue either! Please help!

:)

Bon_deen, Nov 21, 2020

2. Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 21, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Videos barely working.

dalchina, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Videos barely working.

1. Videos barely working. - Similar Threads - Videos barely working

2. Windows 11 barely works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 barely works: My taskbar glitched again have to reboot my laptop everytime. Why nothing works properly on this cursed operating system, too much bugs and glitches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-barely-works/6e8ffc0c-6dce-4354-988c-a0da7ac17842
  3. Windows 11 barely works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 barely works: My taskbar glitched again have to reboot my laptop everytime. Why nothing works properly on this cursed operating system, too much bugs and glitches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-barely-works/6e8ffc0c-6dce-4354-988c-a0da7ac17842
  4. Xbox game bar barely works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar barely works.: Hello,I love the idea of the xbox game bar, but I don't think the program works properly at all.One or more of these 3 things happen every time I try to use it:1. It complains about desktop recording not being available when a game is open.2. Settings change, disappear...
  5. Xbox game bar barely works.

Xbox game bar barely works.: Hello,I love the idea of the xbox game bar, but I don't think the program works properly at all.One or more of these 3 things happen every time I try to use it:1. It complains about desktop recording not being available when a game is open.2. Settings change, disappear...
  6. Internet Barely Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Barely Working: My internet is barely working and drops out constantly. It says 'secured and 'unable to connect to this network'. I've tried troubleshooting already, but it didn't do anything. The drivers were all up to date, so I tried uninstalling them, which made it much worse. The more I...
  7. Internet Barely Working

Internet Barely Working: My internet is barely working and drops out constantly. It says 'secured and 'unable to connect to this network'. I've tried troubleshooting already, but it didn't do anything. The drivers were all up to date, so I tried uninstalling them, which made it much worse. The more I...
  8. Internet Barely Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. computer barely works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer barely works: I can't update, it gives me an error I can't access windows defender, it's an empty screen After 9 or so hours of work every app running crashes please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-barely-works/f05259b2-b1a4-43ce-bd9f-3d33766079a5
  10. barely anything works

in Windows 10 Customization
    barely anything works: ok so I think my main issue is that shift is stuck so I can't use any punctuations no numbers can't even scroll down without clicking the slider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/barely-anything-works/7fae9c70-b15b-4010-bd99-b062446c1e1e