Windows 10: Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

Discus and support Videos become brighter after only a second of playing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Example I have checked the video settings in for my AMD graphics card and have check to see if there were any relevant options in the Windows Video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OUmSKILLS, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

Example

I have checked the video settings in for my AMD graphics card and have check to see if there were any relevant options in the Windows Video Playback settings but I cannot find any setting that will prevent this from occuring.

I'd like the blacks of a show or video to actually be black instead of gray.

Anyideas are appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/OUmSKILLS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OUmSKILLS, Jul 11, 2020

2. screen brightness on 808 - after timeout even brighter!

Hi fantomas,

I can confirm this bug. With the great app "Situations" I have created a "night" situation on my 808 (FP 2) where the phone goes into powersaving mode. There, the lowest screen brightness is chosen. Sometimes, a few seconds after the last touch on the screen,
    it becomes brighter. Touching the screen again makes it go back to the correct (=lowest) brightness level.

It shouldn't be too hard for the ex-Nokia emploxees at Accenture to fix that.

f_pokrandt, Jul 11, 2020
  3. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

1. Videos become brighter after only a second of playing? - Similar Threads - Videos become brighter

2. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...: I noticed this first while playing video game on my laptop. Whenever there are a lot of activities happening on the screen, the audio distorts for a second. The video does not get affected by it; and there are no video spikes and no lags. Just the audio distorting for a...
  3. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...: I noticed this first while playing video game on my laptop. Whenever there are a lot of activities happening on the screen, the audio distorts for a second. The video does not get affected by it; and there are no video spikes and no lags. Just the audio distorting for a...
  4. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  6. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  7. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds: For the past 4 or 5 days, I haven't been able to watch or download any online videos. At the most, they play for a second or two, then just buffer forever. Strangely though, youtube still works fine. When I try to download the video, it either says some huge number like 12...
  9. after playing video or game my mouse and keyboard become unusable

after playing video or game my mouse and keyboard become unusable: Hi, i run windows 10 pro os build 19041.508 and when i've watched a video does not matter if it is opened with 'video and tv' app or 'vlc' or switch from a game back to the desktop my mouse becomes flakey... not responding to mouse moves, suddely appearing somewhere else on...
  10. Videos get 'brighter' after a second or two of playing, any idea why this is happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos get 'brighter' after a second or two of playing, any idea why this is happening?: I'll post a video to try showcase the issue, this is happening on any kind of media from any site, Netflix, Prime, Twitch etc. Basically after looking at any form of media, the video get's brighter, almost as if something has just increased the brightness 20%. I used a...