Windows 10: Videos brighten in full screen

Discus and support Videos brighten in full screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ugatme, Dec 6, 2020.

1. ugatme Win User

Videos brighten in full screen

I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or something else completely. All drivers are up to date, windows 10 20H2 .662. It was okay on my other 17" Samsung. Got nowhere searching net.

So apparently it only happens on 1080p videos, 720p are okay.

:)

ugatme, Dec 6, 2020
  2. malonet3 Win User

brighten screen

I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes.

malonet3, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Shiflerg Win User
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv.

Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it will dim and brighten as I do key strokes or scrolling.

Right now as I'm composing this thread, it is staying bright.

I just scrolled up to the top of the screen and it dimmed (looking for post button which I now see is below and not up).

Shiflerg, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Sharmian Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Videos brighten in full screen - Similar Threads - Videos brighten full

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. Screen automatic brightening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen automatic brightening?: When I open up word or play games on my laptop the brightness always automatically goes to 100% brightness. I don't know why it does this but it is super annoying especially when I work on school work in the middle of the night. Please help...
  5. Why is my video not in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my video not in full screen?: Recently some other people and I have been recording games using the Xbox Game Bar, but the result is the video being smaller and moved towards one corner of the screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping [IMG]...
  6. Screen randomly dims or brightens

Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  7. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  8. Videos freezing in full screen.

Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  9. brighten screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    brighten screen: I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes....
  10. On the subject of full-screen videos

in Windows 10 Support
    On the subject of full-screen videos: My partner's computer is a months-old laptop that came with Win10 Home. She's had problems with full-screen videos for almost its entire lifespan, though the problem did ease off for a while before returning in full force. When playing videos full screen, the videos will skip...