Windows 10: Videos captured using game bar do not have sound

Discus and support Videos captured using game bar do not have sound in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Videos captured using windows 10 game bar do not have sound... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FrankDowns, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Videos captured using game bar do not have sound

Videos captured using windows 10 game bar do not have sound

:)

FrankDowns, Jul 19, 2019

2. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

Hi

I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program...

Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc...

I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is 11-12 minutes long...Ideally i would like a small window ( not recorded ) showing status...and use a hot key to start end recording, or a timer would be even better.

Prefer a free program, but can pay if its to get what i need....many programs that accept a URL only accept from a list....which mine falls outside of

Thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Videos captured using game bar do not have sound

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Videos captured using game bar do not have sound

1. Videos captured using game bar do not have sound - Similar Threads - Videos captured using

2. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  3. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  4. Game bar captures have a weird static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar captures have a weird static: Whenever I use Game Bar to capture something that has happened, the entire video has a constant buzzing static in its audio.Has anyone encountered the same and have any possible solution to fix this?...
  5. Game bar captures have a weird static

Game bar captures have a weird static: Whenever I use Game Bar to capture something that has happened, the entire video has a constant buzzing static in its audio.Has anyone encountered the same and have any possible solution to fix this?...
  6. Game Bar game capture mic sounds really bad quality.

Game Bar game capture mic sounds really bad quality.: I don't have the best mic in the world its like a £60 Fifine USB mic but it sounds very nice and crisp over discord and on stream but in xbox companion party chat and the game bar captures it sounds like a really really bad £2 mic from Wish. How can I get my mic sounding as...
  7. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....
  8. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  9. Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?: I tried to capture a clip from a game i played recently but the video capture seemed to have glitched and only recorded the audio with a black screen. Is there any way of repairing a video capture like this so i can see the video? submitted by /u/SomberSun [link]...
  10. No sound on captured videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on captured videos: So my issue is I have no sound on captured videos via the windows key + alt + G shortcut, this is basically part of the Windows 10 Gaming Bar, which records the last 5 minutes of my screen. I initialy realised I had this issue when trying to use the NVidia Instant Reply...