Windows 10: videos dont play

Discus and support videos dont play in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded the new windows update and now u cant watch videos on my pc (no videos for: youtube , twitch , discord ,etc..) . it might not be because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Im gxsr, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Im gxsr Win User

videos dont play

I downloaded the new windows update and now u cant watch videos on my pc (no videos for: youtube , twitch , discord ,etc..) . it might not be because of the windows update but im sure it is (a friend of mine downloaded a windows update and it messed up his computer a few months ago) , ty for reading and helping.

:)

Im gxsr, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

upgraded from 7 to 10. youtube videos won't play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which internet browser are you using to play online videos?

• Which video are you referring by “others?”

• Are you using a local or Microsoft user account?

• Are you getting any error on trying to play videos?

I suggest you to login using a Microsoft account, in case you are not logged into one and try the below steps and check if it helps,

Step 1: If issue is with Internet explorer, I suggest you to refer this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Ensure to install any pending updates on the system and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back with the above details so that we can assist you further, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 videos won't play

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please follow the below methods and check,

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Also refer the link below on Why wont videos play in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Please reply us back if you have any further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Sep 8, 2018
  4. videos dont play

Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

videos dont play

1. videos dont play - Similar Threads - videos dont play

2. Not playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not playing a video: When I attempt to play a video clip .avi I get this message: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." It is working on my co-worker's computer. She has Windows 10, I have Windows 11. It says 41.0 MB 42,998,294 bytes as the size of the video. Any...
  3. Video playing

Video playing: I have wlmp files. They do not play. I understand they need to be in a different file format. How do I do that? What media player should I use? Most of these files were originally made with an iPhone....
  4. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  5. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  6. play video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  7. playing video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    playing video: I had been playing video when the computer was new. Weeks later it stopped. I started a new user account. This one plays video. So the problem cannot be in the computer, as some answers claim. The error is 224002. How to fix this on this user? An answer does not come up when...
  8. Video's will not play

Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  9. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops: When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas? I was using Edge...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...