Windows 10: videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome

Discus and support videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't get videos to play on Edge, Opera, Canary, or Chrome. My OS is Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidKagen, Sep 19, 2020.

1. videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome

I can't get videos to play on Edge, Opera, Canary, or Chrome. My OS is Windows 10.

:)

DavidKagen, Sep 19, 2020

2. Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 19, 2020
  3. jadors Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos

This BSOD has been plaguing me for awhile now. It happens in a variety of weird instances.

• Playing videos embedded in web pages
    • Playing videos in Steam
    • Opening the League of Legends Launcher
    • Most recently, I began playing Overwatch and in game, changed the graphics settings to 'Ultra' and it immediately crashed. Now, even opening the game will crash it. I have deleted and reinstalled the game on a different hard drive, it makes no difference.

My computer is old with some new hardware added on over time (so I guess its just the hard drives that are old. I installed a new SSD where I installed to OS. The other hard drives are from 2010)

jadors, Sep 19, 2020
  4. videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome

New York Times App Failure

Be sure you have the official New York Times APP. There are at least two "rip-offs" of New York Times content on the Windows 7 APP store which are a scandal, should not be on the APP store, but since Microsoft refuses to police the APP store and note
    genuine as opposed to rip off APPS of copyright content, users may unwittingly be complaining about APPS the New York Times has absolutely nothing to do with.

Richard F.Hubert, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome

1. videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome - Similar Threads - videos embedded York

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  4. Chrome Extension To Copy Embedded Video URL

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Extension To Copy Embedded Video URL: Is there a Chrome extension that can copy the URL of an embedded video or open the URL in a new window? With Internet Explorer, you just had to right click the video and select "create shortcut" and send to the desktop. With Chrome it seems to be a very long winded affair to...
  5. Chrome Won't Play Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chrome Won't Play Sound: Hello, There was a recent update that went out for Windows 10 which I got. Shortly thereafter I downloaded Discord on my laptop. While in Discord, I was testing out their new screen sharing function by playing a youtube video which noticeably wasn't playing sound. Ever...
  6. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint: I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both computers and I embedded it in PP on each computer. I'm using PP 365. Is this a codec issue?...
  7. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  8. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  9. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601
  10. Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10: Hi All, My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I installed the Windows 10. Can anyone help for the issue? PS. My website is provide video streaming like Windows Media test...