Windows 10: Videos Fail to Start

Discus and support Videos Fail to Start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop that is only a couple months old. Everything has been working great with it up until now. I went to play a YouTube video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanO'Grady, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Videos Fail to Start

Hello!

I have a Lenovo laptop that is only a couple months old. Everything has been working great with it up until now. I went to play a YouTube video tonight, and the video played about 2-3 seconds without sound before pausing and there was a circle loading over the video. I tried to watch videos both on YouTube and news websites, but the same thing happened for both MS Edge and Chrome. So, I assume something is wrong with my computer.

Additionally, all of my drivers are updated, and I did the troubleshooting for video playback, and they also were fine. Videos play from my saved video file, but they don't play on my internet. My internet is not slow or anything like that and everything else works with it Please help me out here! I have classes tomorrow, and I need video. Thank you so much!

-Sean

:)

SeanO'Grady, Oct 13, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.

I suggest you to take a trace with WPR (it's a built in tool in Windows 10). And we can see exactly what's causing your video's glitches. Here is the steps;

• Open a command line as an Administrator;
    • Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU -start gpu -start video"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, try to work on your system (launch a video) for 1 or 2 minutes max.
    • Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    • Compress the resulting file ( VeryImportant)
    • Share it through TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Videos Fail to Start

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Videos Fail to Start

1. Videos Fail to Start - Similar Threads - Videos Fail Start

2. Videos start then stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos start then stop: Hello Everyone,I've been having this annoying problem when I watch a video on MSN and other websites and the video starts gets about a minute into it and then goes back to start again. Can anyone help me with this, please?Thank you...
  3. Videos start then stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos start then stop: Hello Everyone,I've been having this annoying problem when I watch a video on MSN and other websites and the video starts gets about a minute into it and then goes back to start again. Can anyone help me with this, please?Thank you...
  4. Videos start then stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video minimizes when starting Video Meetings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video minimizes when starting Video Meetings: I have several clients that are using Google Meet and Zoom on a regular basis. Despite the platform, once they start the meeting, their video minimizes within the first minute. They then have to search for it to bring it back to the screen. We have uninstalled and...
  6. Video Preview Start Failed

Video Preview Start Failed: How do I fix error code OxA00F4291 Video Preview Start Failed 0x800706BE? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-preview-start-failed/9c0c51a5-e5e5-4d22-bef5-2f4030de39a5
  7. Start failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start failed: I turnef on my pc a d go a blud screen saying automatic repair failed, i have tried everything and i think i may need todo a fresh install the problem isi cant find the priduct key that i think i need is there a way to geg it...
  8. videos failing to play...

videos failing to play...: hello, i have a problem with recently bought laptop. when i bought, the graphics driverAMD RADEON R4 were not activated so i went into device manager and activated. But since then, am unable to enjoy watching saved movies because it cuts or pauses for a second just like that...
  9. color fails on video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    color fails on video playback: When I try to play videos, like on Facebook, the color fades and it is almost like it is in black and white. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-fails-on-video-playback/58aa7608-3939-4932-aa7d-a122605494d3
  10. Video stops and starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Video stops and starts: When I play a video from my disk drive, it stops and starts. When I drag and drop that same video from the disk drive onto my desktop and then play it from the desktop, it plays perfectly. This leads me to suspect that I have some setting wrong or that the disk drive is...