Windows 10: Videos Folder is now D Drive

Discus and support Videos Folder is now D Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kiiview, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Kiiview Win User

Videos Folder is now D Drive

I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D drive. The videos folder itself is now my D drive. I can't undo this, as I don't have any system restore points. Is there any way to fix this? Videos Folder is now D Drive 666cf4d1-665e-46be-984b-13abc71b54d8?upload=true.png

:)

Kiiview, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 12, 2020
  3. ShaneN17 Win User
    Duplicate D:\ drive

So my issue appears to be fixed and I did not end up having to format my D:\ drive.

What I did was click on the File Properties for the D:\ (with the Videos icon), not the one that is my DATA (D: ) which is the proper one, clicked on restore default location, said NO to the merge, then another window came up (which I think I might have said
    Yes to originally, which could be the original source of my problem - I know, this problem is a result of user error
    Videos Folder is now D Drive [​IMG]
    ) and I said Yes (after fully reading it and understanding it this time. The second
    message is as follows (please ignore the name and the fact that it's to OneDrive, I obtained the picture from

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations - Windows 10 Forums
    but the rest of the wording is what I saw).

Videos Folder is now D Drive [​IMG]

This seemed to disconnect (or what ever the heck was happening) the two listed D: drives. DATA (D: ) is normal. I still had D:\ with the videos icon kicking around. I made attempts to include this in the C:\User\...\Videos folder and then ended up with sub
    folders. Not EXACTLY sure where in the process of what I did fixed it, but at one point I closed the File Explorer window and when I reopened it everything was back to normal.

Normal DATA (D: ), Normal Videos folder in the proper location and no subfolder, and no random D:\ drive with the Videos icon. Did a full shut down and restart and everything is looking as it should!

No formatting of the D: drive either, so that's a bonus!

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was definitely my next step if I wasn't able to fix it otherwise.

ShaneN17, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Videos Folder is now D Drive

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Videos Folder is now D Drive

1. Videos Folder is now D Drive - Similar Threads - Videos Folder Drive

2. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  3. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  4. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  6. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  7. Videos Folder is now D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Videos folder is now on d drive

Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  9. Videos folder is now on d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  10. Videos folder is now on d drive