Windows 10: Videos folder is now on d drive

Discus and support Videos folder is now on d drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adhiraj Singh, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Videos folder is now on d drive

I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D drive. The videos folder itself is now my D drive. I can't undo this, as I don't have any system restore points. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Adhiraj Singh, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Kiiview Win User

Videos Folder is now D Drive

I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects
    me to the D drive. The videos folder itself is now my D drive. I can't undo this, as I don't have any system restore points. Is there any way to fix this?
    Videos folder is now on d drive 666cf4d1-665e-46be-984b-13abc71b54d8?upload=true.png

Kiiview, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 19, 2021
  4. ShaneN17 Win User

Videos folder is now on d drive

Duplicate D:\ drive

So my issue appears to be fixed and I did not end up having to format my D:\ drive.

What I did was click on the File Properties for the D:\ (with the Videos icon), not the one that is my DATA (D: ) which is the proper one, clicked on restore default location, said NO to the merge, then another window came up (which I think I might have said
    Yes to originally, which could be the original source of my problem - I know, this problem is a result of user error
    Videos folder is now on d drive [​IMG]
    ) and I said Yes (after fully reading it and understanding it this time. The second
    message is as follows (please ignore the name and the fact that it's to OneDrive, I obtained the picture from

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations - Windows 10 Forums
    but the rest of the wording is what I saw).

Videos folder is now on d drive [​IMG]

This seemed to disconnect (or what ever the heck was happening) the two listed D: drives. DATA (D: ) is normal. I still had D:\ with the videos icon kicking around. I made attempts to include this in the C:\User\...\Videos folder and then ended up with sub
    folders. Not EXACTLY sure where in the process of what I did fixed it, but at one point I closed the File Explorer window and when I reopened it everything was back to normal.

Normal DATA (D: ), Normal Videos folder in the proper location and no subfolder, and no random D:\ drive with the Videos icon. Did a full shut down and restart and everything is looking as it should!

No formatting of the D: drive either, so that's a bonus!

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was definitely my next step if I wasn't able to fix it otherwise.

ShaneN17, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Videos folder is now on d drive

1. Videos folder is now on d drive - Similar Threads - Videos folder drive

2. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  3. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  4. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  6. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  7. Videos Folder is now D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Videos folder is now on d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  9. Videos folder is now on d drive

Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  10. Videos Folder is now D Drive