Windows 10: Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder

Discus and support Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Videos folder is stuck inside of my Pictures folder. I have tried to move the location using the properties tab but it keeps saying the folder is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJCP7117, Jan 1, 2020.

1. RJCP7117 Win User

Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder

My Videos folder is stuck inside of my Pictures folder. I have tried to move the location using the properties tab but it keeps saying the folder is inside of the Pictures folder. I have also tried to create a new folder and name it videos and then try to move the location to the new folder and it keeps telling me about merging the folders into pictures folder. But I wish to keep the folders separate.

:)

RJCP7117, Jan 1, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 1, 2020
  4. RonV42 Win User

This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

1. How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    2. How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder [​IMG]

RonV42, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder - Similar Threads - Videos folder stuck

2. Video Folder turned into Pictures Folder and Registry isnt fixing it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Folder turned into Pictures Folder and Registry isnt fixing it: So I recently had a new SSD installed and I succesfully moved all my data over too it. I then cleaned my old HDD after having bought a external drive to back up the OG Data. I have decided that I wanted to split teh SSD and HDD to maximise the usage of my SSD and HDD. However...
  3. Video Folder turned into Pictures Folder and Registry isnt fixing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Folder turned into Pictures Folder and Registry isnt fixing it: So I recently had a new SSD installed and I succesfully moved all my data over too it. I then cleaned my old HDD after having bought a external drive to back up the OG Data. I have decided that I wanted to split teh SSD and HDD to maximise the usage of my SSD and HDD. However...
  4. Video Folder turned into Pictures Folder and Registry isnt fixing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  6. File History skipping a folder inside Pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History skipping a folder inside Pictures: Is there a folder size limitation for Windows 10 File History? I moved 101gb/11k files off an Iphone into a subfolder in Pictures. Backs ups are skipping this folder. Yes, it was created after the current File History is established, but I have other folders that have been...
  7. Pictures & Video Folders

Pictures & Video Folders: Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. for some reason my Picture & Video folders have the same name see below & if i try & change they adopt the same name, info and files, any ideas anybody. [ATTACH]...
  8. Picture and Video folder

Picture and Video folder: Is there a way to combine the default pictures and video folders? Or just delete one of them?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-and-video-folder/95cae7c2-16bf-4994-8a38-a09c7f32334a"
  9. Folders inside other Folders

Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  10. This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue: I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive...