Windows 10: Videos Folder under This PC

Discus and support Videos Folder under This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffHowe, Dec 23, 2018.

1. JeffHowe Win User

Videos Folder under This PC

I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?

:)

JeffHowe, Dec 23, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Videos Folder under This PC - Similar Threads - Videos Folder under

2. No folder groups under this PC after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No folder groups under this PC after updating: Hi, I just did a clean install of Windows 11 to try out the Operating System. When I do the clean install before updating I can see the folders under this PC like in the first picture down below. I always start with updating the OS to the newest version and I noticed that my...
  3. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  4. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  5. Moving the video folder to This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving the video folder to This PC: It may sound like a dumb/unusual question. The OS (Windows 10) is in drive C:\ being a 128GB SSD, and all standard links links are in "This PC". However, some of these links point into drive C:\users\myname\..... , some point to drive D:\ like Pictures. Works perfectly....
  6. How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos: I was moving my libraries to different drives and made a mistake with my Videos folder, and now I have two Documents folders under 'This PC'. The folder that used to be my videos folder is now called Documents and directs me to the same folder as the original Documents...
  7. Duplicate Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  8. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  9. Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC: Alright, any help will be appreciated. Using File Explorer, under Windows 10 Pro I have "blank" folders that cannot be deleted or unpinned. This is the error I am receiving below. (Note I have tried sfc /scannow with Admin privileges and looking for the CLSID code in the...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....