Windows 10: Videos go black when charging

Discus and support Videos go black when charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, i have a problem. When ever my charger is connected to my Inspirion 13 7000 series core i3 7th gen, videos only play audio and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WyattZL, Oct 25, 2020.

1. WyattZL Win User

Videos go black when charging

Hi Microsoft Community, i have a problem. When ever my charger is connected to my Inspirion 13 7000 series core i3 7th gen, videos only play audio and a black screen. however, when i press the start button in the bottom left corner the screen goes back to normal, but returns to black once i click away. Ive tried changing power settings, which actually worked for a second, but then it stopped. Ive also tried completely restarting my computer to base levelDeleting everything except personal files. Any ideas on how to fix it?

:)

WyattZL, Oct 25, 2020
  2. JanaDS Win User

Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Any suggestions for solving this same problem in Windows 8? I tried the above method by after Step 3 there's no Video playback option as suggested in Step 4.

Thanks!

JanaDS, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Hi Natalie,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that videos are playing in black and white only when the laptop is charging.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated the hardware drivers?

• Do you access the YouTube videos through browser/any other source?

• Since when you are facing the issue?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

You may try to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it helps. It will help you to fix the problems with the video, movies and television.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Video playback.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Video playback
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Video playback troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to update the display adapter and power cord adapter drivers and check if it helps.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Videos go black when charging

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Videos go black when charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Videos go black when charging

1. Videos go black when charging - Similar Threads - Videos black charging

2. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  3. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  4. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  5. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  6. screen going black when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  7. Screen going black when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black when unplugged: My cat laid on the keyboard on my laptop, now every time I unplug it the screen goes black, but still plays sound and wont come back on until i plug it back in. This happens even though I have a full charge. I'm not sure how to fix it....
  8. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging: It only happens when my laptop is plugged in. When I run on the battery, everything is fine. At first, it was only happening to Netflix videos. In the Netflix app, Windows 10. I started watching in my browser, and it was fine. It also would play videos on black and white...
  9. Screen goes black when charging... Why ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when charging... Why ?: When I plug my charger in while using the laptop my screen goes black. It never did this before like WTH ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charging-why/360de468-a95c-4f27-ae45-2fbddd395ac8
  10. Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging: Hi recently videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging, please could someone help, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/videos-go-black-and-white-on-my-laptop-whilst/fd317061-691f-4a1f-900e-87012201b928