Windows 10: Videos lag and stutter

Discus and support Videos lag and stutter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically any video I play (locally, so not on YouTube) lags and stutters very badly. Yes I have tried using different media players and my video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrancescoZambito, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Videos lag and stutter

So basically any video I play (locally, so not on YouTube) lags and stutters very badly. Yes I have tried using different media players and my video drivers are up to date. I have not found an answer online. I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1803. Any help?

Edit: forgot to mention that I have a 400gb game clips folder, don't know if that's important or not.

:)

FrancescoZambito, Sep 29, 2019
  2. jkwm87 Win User

Video lag/stutter, suggetions?

Hey guys,

So ill start with saying I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry if any of this seems simple or stupid. I have windows 10 installed on my pc, its a simple Asus. My settings tell me I have an x64 based processor, a 64bit operating system, and 4gb RAM. Whenever I attempt to play a video file there is really bad stutter and lag in the video. Its more so with files already saved but will happen when streaming videos sometimes as well. Any suggestions on what to do about this?

jkwm87, Sep 29, 2019
  3. WHExeter Win User
    videos lag and stutter - Windows Mobile 5

I found a solution to my problem in the settings for the free version of Core Player. Under Option, Video I changed the "video driver" to Raw Framebuffer. That's the only change I made but now all of the videos that lagged and stuttered before play smoothly.

WHExeter, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Videos lag and stutter

Lag on videos

Hi Adrianna1339,

Are you having network lag, where the videos are taking time to load, or are you experiencing stuttering lag while watching?

If it is the stuttering lag, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers.

These might help if you are unsure of what graphics card you have:

https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/down...

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Videos lag and stutter

1. Videos lag and stutter - Similar Threads - Videos lag stutter

2. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  3. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  4. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  5. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  6. Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games: Hi, After the recent update, Graphics on my HP Pavilion Gaming I7-9750H GTX 1650 are lagging on Apps, Chrome, Edge, Movies, etc. Moreover, the trackpad is also stuttering/ lagging. Windows Version is 21H1. Please assist.Regards Abhinav...
  7. Input lag, sound and video stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Input lag, sound and video stuttering: Hello all, Since the windows update a few days ago, i have terrible input lag, audio and video stuttering when im using any game/app. Anyone know a fix?...
  8. Sound, Video, and mouse stuttering accumulating lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound, Video, and mouse stuttering accumulating lag: I've been having this problem for a couple of months now and it's becoming an issue. If I'm watching a video on youtube or on MPC or anything like that, the video and sound will stutter together with the mouse, and the sound keeps falling further and further behind the...
  9. Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams: Hi! Watching youtube and other stuff is not pleasing for my ears anymore, audio lags and stutters, no matter what audio source I am using. Here is a screenshot from latency mon: https://imgur.com/a/KmxGuNt Cpu does not throttle and bios in on the latest version Hope...
  10. Video lag/stutter, suggetions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Video lag/stutter, suggetions?: Hey guys, So ill start with saying I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry if any of this seems simple or stupid. I have windows 10 installed on my pc, its a simple Asus. My settings tell me I have an x64 based processor, a 64bit operating system, and 4gb RAM. Whenever I attempt...