Windows 10: Videos obscured.

Discus and support Videos obscured. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why have all videos (both mine and those taken by others - eg Facebook) suddenly started playing with a thick band of unrelated colour obscuring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George C Crawford, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Videos obscured.

Why have all videos (both mine and those taken by others - eg Facebook) suddenly started playing with a thick band of unrelated colour obscuring the bottom third of the image? Videos displayed fine previously. Using Windows 10 Version 1803 OS Build 17134.165 on an Acer Aspire E 15.Obscured videos

:)

George C Crawford, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

Photos obscured in Pictures

Hi,

To further assist you with this, provide us a screenshot where it shows the obscured photos. For steps on how to include a screenshot in your post, refer to this
    link.

Regards.

Jorge Tan, Jul 18, 2018
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Videos obscured.

Video playback

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the video drivers, then follow these steps:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or
      download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Videos obscured.

1. Videos obscured. - Similar Threads - Videos obscured

2. "LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents...: "LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents and Downloads. I know there are several responses to this but I find it hard to follow them. I am on Windows 10, latest update. I have been trying to change the default location for the...
  3. Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.: I am trying to put together a troubleshooting device to monitor remote radio sites. I have an older laptop with windows 10 projust upgraded from home, that I want to be able to set in a remote radio shack. I have Audacity installed and have cables built to connect my laptop...
  4. Video not working this past week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video not working this past week.: Video Editor has worked fine for me until this week. Now I can't add any new jpeg or mp4 to a new video. I get the message These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them. I can still add older jpeg and mp4 but nothing new pictures that I have taken...
  5. Video player won't load/play

Video player won't load/play: +At one time, my Windows Media Player worked fine. Now, when I try to watch a video I received on e-mail, I get the error message "Windows Media Player didn't start". Seems I can manually open it, but it doesn't link to other programs? Microsoft has so many pages of downloads...
  6. Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo

Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo: I am using the application in Win10 with local storage, and am trying to insert a photo in a 4 minute videoclip. 1. It gets placed at the end, but I want it at a precise point to illustrate what is being said. 2. I need to retain the audio track while the photo is...
  7. Music video error 0xc00d36b4, This item is in a format we don’t support

in Windows 10 News
    Music video error 0xc00d36b4, This item is in a format we don’t support: Users get error 0xc00d36b4 in Windows 10 when the built-in media player fails to play a particular video file. In such circumstances, the player skips the current video file and starts playing the next one. Some possible reasons for the error 0xc00d36b4 in Windows 10 include...
  8. With DPI scaling set above 100 percent video does not play at full native resolution.

With DPI scaling set above 100 percent video does not play at full native resolution.: I am using a 27 inch 4k monitor. To allow comfortable reading of text in applications I have the DPI scaling set to 150%. This works fine except for one small problem. When I display 4k video in a browser at full screen it is scaled to 2560 by 1440. This makes sense when...
  9. Video editor is getting freezing

Video editor is getting freezing: Hi there, I have an HP laptop with 8GB RAM and 500GB SSD, it's a new laptop. Whenever I try to make a new video via the "Video Editor" app and try to "export" it always stuck/freeze. I did wait for almost 2-3 hours as sometimes render may take time, but still no luck....
  10. monitors dim out any video i watch.

monitors dim out any video i watch.: ok so I have a 3 monitor set up. 2-22inch dell monitors and 1-27inch AOC monitor. if i try to watch a youtube video or a streamer on twitch the screen darkens but only over the video player. the rest of the screen is nice and bright...why is this happening? and how do I fix...