Windows 10: Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause

Discus and support Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am a Windows 10 user. Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause. I will pause a video on spotify or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SajidSarker, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause

Hello,

I am a Windows 10 user. Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause. I will pause a video on spotify or youtube or netflix, and it immediately begins playing after a second of being paused.

When I have headphones plugged in and outputting to my speakers instead, I have to pause 5 times exactly before the video remains paused.

When I have multiple tabs open with paused videos, when one is paused / ad begins / or is closed, the subsequent tab videos immediately unpause.

When I have headphones not plugged in and outputting to my speakers instead, no matter how many times I pause, the video always keeps unpausing and playing.

My speakers are an Alexa.

I use Realtek drivers and Nahimic because of MSI Motherboard.

:)

SajidSarker, Sep 28, 2020

2. Windows Media Player on Windows 10 - Cannot play video because there is a problem with your video card after pausing and resuming

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing videos from Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue confined to any specific video?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How exactly have you tried to re-install the video card drivers?
    • Were you able to access any other videos normally on your computer?

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause

Pause updates unpaused itself

Running the latest Creator's Update and my paused updates just unpaused themselves.

The PITA factor with this OS's updating just continues to grow. Anyone else have their paused updates 'unpaused' by this monstrosity of frustration?

GGIT

PS I paused from advanced settings under Windows Update Settings and it should have had more than month of limit before I 'had' to unpause. And I never turned off or restarted my machine.

gottagetit, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause

1. Videos on all media players and browsers keep unpausing immediately after I pause - Similar Threads - Videos media players

2. Videos and songs on all players netflix spotify etc. automatically pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and songs on all players netflix spotify etc. automatically pausing and unpausing: For about 3 months now, al the media on my computer has been automatically pausing and unpausing and i have no idea how to make it stop. it is really annoying....
  3. Videos and songs on all players netflix spotify etc. automatically pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and songs on all players netflix spotify etc. automatically pausing and unpausing: For about 3 months now, al the media on my computer has been automatically pausing and unpausing and i have no idea how to make it stop. it is really annoying....
  4. YouTube videos keep pausing then restarting with no sound on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos keep pausing then restarting with no sound on all browsers: For some reason today, after having made no changes at all, YouTube videos started to frequently pause while playing, and then restart playing without sound working. I have tried clearing cookies/cache/browsing history, and even changing to different browsers like Chrome &...
  5. YouTube videos keep pausing then restarting with no sound on all browsers

YouTube videos keep pausing then restarting with no sound on all browsers: For some reason today, after having made no changes at all, YouTube videos started to frequently pause while playing, and then restart playing without sound working. I have tried clearing cookies/cache/browsing history, and even changing to different browsers like Chrome &...
  6. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing: After updating recently, my cursor keeps freezing until i press a key, and if i am watching a video when this happens, the video keeps pausing and unpausing itself continuously until i press any key. I tried updating driver, and also reinstalled windows but it keeps happening...
  7. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing: After updating recently, my cursor keeps freezing until i press a key, and if i am watching a video when this happens, the video keeps pausing and unpausing itself continuously until i press any key. I tried updating driver, and also reinstalled windows but it keeps happening...
  8. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

9. Windows keeps rapidly pausing and unpausing media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps rapidly pausing and unpausing media: submitted by /u/wdpk83point7fm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv81b9/windows_keeps_rapidly_pausing_and_unpausing_media/
  10. All sound/video players play on their own after pausing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All sound/video players play on their own after pausing: This started a while ago and windows keeps updating with the same issue persisting. Basically, if I pause any video or any audio from any player whether it be online or offline, it stays paused for a bit (about 2 minutes) then the volume panel flashes and it starts again on...