Windows 10: Videos on network share stop playing after some time

Discus and support Videos on network share stop playing after some time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home server with two external hard drives connected to it. The two drivers are shared over the network. I mainly use these drives to store my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanIliev, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Videos on network share stop playing after some time

I have a home server with two external hard drives connected to it.

The two drivers are shared over the network. I mainly use these drives to store my media library. But today something weird started happening. When i watch a video from the shared drive it goes for 15 to 20 minutes and than stops and it gives an error that can't access external storage. The i have to reboot the system in order to make this go away but it persists.

I plugged the external drive in my desktop and it had no issues.

I have no idea what's wrong with it.

:)

JonathanIliev, Jun 12, 2020

2. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 12, 2020
  4. AzaRich Win User

Videos on network share stop playing after some time

Why video player doesn't save time when I stop the video and start to play it again? Nokia 701

Why video player doesn't save time when I stop the video and start to play it again?

Steps to reproduce:

1. start video player

2. select video and start it

3. click pause, click exit

4. play current video again

Played doesn't save time...

AzaRich, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Videos on network share stop playing after some time

1. Videos on network share stop playing after some time - Similar Threads - Videos network share

2. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  3. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  4. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  5. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  6. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  7. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  8. video's will randomly stop playing

video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  9. Internet stops working after some time of use.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working after some time of use.: My Internet stops working after some time of use and starts working again when I turn my wifi off and back on again.How can I stop this ?...
  10. Keyboard stops working after some time

Keyboard stops working after some time: Hello. Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after some time (for example after 15min after system start). I have to restart my pc in order to make it work again. I updated...