Windows 10: Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

Discus and support Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SubilPhilip, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas?

I was using Edge

:)

SubilPhilip, Jan 24, 2019

2. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas?

I was using Edge

SubilPhilip, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

Why want sound play on some websites?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I understand that you're experiencing sound issue on some websites. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does this issue persists on both Internet Explorer and Edge? have you checked reproducing the issue on any other browser?
    • Is this issue specific to some websites only?
    • Does this issue appear while playing only videos only? Are you able to play online audio files?

This issue may appear due to any recent changes on the computer that might have changed any Internet Explorer settings.

Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps below to make sure that “play sounds in webpages” option is active.

• Open Internet Explorer and select Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under the Advanced Tab, under the section
      Multimedia, check the Play sounds in webpages box.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Method 2:

Follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or

privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings

and add-ons. We recommend that you to note these sites before you use the Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature and re-enable the add-ons.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Adobe Flash player article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Hope this helps. Please do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

1. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops - Similar Threads - Videos websites dont

2. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.: SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well. If this happens and I load up a video or continue one the sound starts up again. It's like firefox/windows 10 sound is...
  3. windows stops playing all videos and sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stops playing all videos and sounds: Hi. i'm having trouble with windows 10 playing all sounds and videos. The problem occurs when i play something on YouTube or Spotify or similar. When i pres to play next video or song the player freezes, stops playing and just loads (i use google chrome). The problem is that...
  4. mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays: Whenever a sound plays on the computer my mouse will stop responding then after the sound stops about 10 seconds later my mouse will start moving again. I tried switching to a wired mouse but the same thing was happening, for both wireless and wired mice. during the time...
  5. Videos are not playing on certain websites

Videos are not playing on certain websites: Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the...
  6. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  7. Videos will not play on OneDrive website

Videos will not play on OneDrive website: I am unable to play the videos on OneDrive website because they occasionally stop playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-not-play-on-onedrive-website/4f2ae82e-27f5-4b0d-8f9f-351e46f949d0
  8. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  9. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...
  10. videos dont play

videos dont play: I downloaded the new windows update and now u cant watch videos on my pc (no videos for: youtube , twitch , discord ,etc..) . it might not be because of the windows update but im sure it is (a friend of mine downloaded a windows update and it messed up his computer a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone videos dont play in websites