Windows 10: Videos playing in SLO-MO on Edge and Chrome: WTF?

Discus and support Videos playing in SLO-MO on Edge and Chrome: WTF? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I ran the troubeshooter and it said I needed a CODEC. It has been installed. Internet videos still playing in SLO-MO in Edge and Chrome. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tr8888, Aug 12, 2019.

1. tr8888 Win User

Videos playing in SLO-MO on Edge and Chrome: WTF?

I ran the troubeshooter and it said I needed a CODEC. It has been installed. Internet videos still playing in SLO-MO in Edge and Chrome. For example, Suzuki Jimny. What is causing this? I've been using Microsoft products since the late 1980s and they haven't gotten any more reliable in all that time.

:)

tr8888, Aug 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft edge won't play video, and downloads will not open.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to play videos without issue on any other browser (Google Chrome, Firefox etc.)?
    This can be due to display card. I would first suggest you to install the latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer's support website and check the status.

You can also clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

• Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Videos playing in SLO-MO on Edge and Chrome: WTF? - Similar Threads - Videos playing SLO

2. Edge Continues to play video/audio

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edge Continues to play video/audio: My kids are both using Microsoft Edge as their browser under Family Controls. When their allocated time is up, the browser continues to play video and audio. So if they are on YouTube, the browser still allows YouTube to "spin" through its playlist, allowing the audio...
  3. Edge won't play CBS.com videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't play CBS.com videos: Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos. - - - - - Windows 10 Pro 170676
  4. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  5. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  6. edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file: Okay the problem is when i boot into windows everything is fine the only problem is google chrome showing some black bars when scrolling on a website and only online videos not playing properly not only chrome edge and fire fox has that kind of problem too and i can't able to...
  7. how to use slo mo video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use slo mo video: how to use slo mo video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-slo-mo-video/12f5faad-2fbb-4361-914f-382ecec2f73b
  8. edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?

in Browsers and Email
    edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?: edge nor ie dont want to load youtube videos in html5 if u disable flash in settings videos dont work what bullshit is that and flash stuttering like crazy .. chrome works fine..i really wanted to go on edge but just flash player is no go for me sorry and it stutters like a...
  9. Videos zoomed in browers (Edge and Chrome)

in Browsers and Email
    Videos zoomed in browers (Edge and Chrome): Hello all- I did a search and found some issues with zoomed video, but didn't seem to find anything specific to what I'm experiencing. Here are my symptoms and what I've done so far: Symptom: on most Web sites, videos are zoomed in a few hundred percent, but it is NOT...
  10. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...