Windows 10: videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box

Discus and support videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I go to my pictures and videos that are saved on my computer, the last few videos that I saved to my computer turned to a grey boy with a play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikelarry2, Jul 31, 2019.

1. videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box

when I go to my pictures and videos that are saved on my computer, the last few videos that I saved to my computer turned to a grey boy with a play symbol in the middle but all my other videos that I have saved in the past are normal and I can see the picture of each video, can anybody tell me what is wrong? I believe it started about a month ago when I updated java but not totally sure, please help, thanks

:)

mikelarry2, Jul 31, 2019

2. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box

1. videos saved on my computer turned to a grey box - Similar Threads - videos saved computer

2. Video editor got updated and edited videos turning grey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video editor got updated and edited videos turning grey?: about a week ago my video editor updated to a new UI without my knowledge. i much prefer the old one because i got snap on the timeline where i wanted to trim it, and it would save in its video folder automatically without me having to find it. also, after this update all of...
  3. Video editor got updated and edited videos turning grey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editor got updated and edited videos turning grey?: about a week ago my video editor updated to a new UI without my knowledge. i much prefer the old one because i got snap on the timeline where i wanted to trim it, and it would save in its video folder automatically without me having to find it. also, after this update all of...
  4. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  5. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  6. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  7. Floating grey box on computer monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Floating grey box on computer monitor: Today I've noticed on one of my monitors a small grey x box with a small distortion near the top middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a burn as I can move a window over it and it'll cover it, nor does it appear to be something to do with my wallpaper as changing it...
  8. grey box will not leave my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    grey box will not leave my screen: I can barely write this e-mail because the grey box with the words mix and voice with the option of Microphone high def audio device. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS... THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IT'S BECOMING A NUISANCE. TANYA SKINNER...
  9. Saved videos on my computer won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saved videos on my computer won't load: So I was editing a video in Premiere and exported it. The video is about fifteen minutes long and when it hits the seven minute forty seconds mark, it breaks and it acts like the video is over. The progress bar in the bottom then skips to the end of the video even though it...
  10. any time I try to watch a video on my computer, it turns to grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    any time I try to watch a video on my computer, it turns to grey: For the last month, every time I try to watch a video either on facebook, Netflix, youtube, the video turns grey. I have checked everything but can not fix this problem....