Windows 10: Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze

Discus and support Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes when I'm watching a YouTube video, the video will just freeze along with the audio. When this happens, videos played on other platforms (like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hawexp, Mar 13, 2020.

1. /u/Hawexp Win User

Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze

Sometimes when I'm watching a YouTube video, the video will just freeze along with the audio. When this happens, videos played on other platforms (like embedded in Discord) also do not work. My only solution right now is to restart the windows audio service or to do a complete PC restart. I've checked my audio and video card drivers and Windows says they're up to date. I've even uninstalled them both and restarted, and no change. I THINK I remember seeing this issue only occur when I tab out of YouTube and tab back in, if that helps - but I could be remembering wrong. Anyway, what can I do to fix this for good, without needing to restart every time it happens?

submitted by /u/Hawexp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hawexp, Mar 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze

1. Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze - Similar Threads - Videos Seemingly Randomly

2. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  3. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  4. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,: I've had this asus laptop for a while but recently it's started freezing completely forcing me to restart it, it also happens consistently while it's booting after freezing, it sometimes doesn't happen for a while, and sometimes happens every time I try to boot in windows,...
  6. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  7. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004: almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse lags too. i dont know exaclty what triggers it honestly the only time ive been able to recreate this issue is when installing a...
  8. No sound on seemingly random videos?

No sound on seemingly random videos?: For the past year or so now, random videos on Chrome or any other browsers I open will not play audio despite the tab saying it plays audio- some even videos I've watched before that worked perfectly fine. Just now, I could screenshare a video over Discord that played no...
  9. seemingly random freezing of computer

seemingly random freezing of computer: Any help with how to access the log files that might indicate why the computer is freezing It is a brand new install of Windows 10 on a SSD drive, ive tried to update all the drivers and bios... tried some of the usual chkdsk, repair, memory check etc... everything seems to...
  10. Hard Freeze's that seem random

Hard Freeze's that seem random: Hi there, For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up...