Windows 10: videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...

Discus and support videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 - update feb 10. Videos stopped working properly - audio is ok , but no picture, or screen is black or in distorted. it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chipsdad, Feb 12, 2019.

1. chipsdad Win User

videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...

I have windows 10 - update feb 10. Videos stopped working properly - audio is ok , but no picture, or screen is black or in distorted.

it started recently , after one of the last updates.

:)

chipsdad, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Feb 12, 2019
  4. videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...

1. videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio... - Similar Threads - videos stopped working

2. No audio and black screen on videos issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio and black screen on videos issue: Hello,I really need help with my issue. Ever since my laptop got the latest update on Win 11 I am unable to hear any audio and all my videos, online or local, only show a black screen.I have tried every possible solution to this issue. Run the troubleshooter, uninstall and...
  3. No audio and black screen on videos issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio and black screen on videos issue: Hello,I really need help with my issue. Ever since my laptop got the latest update on Win 11 I am unable to hear any audio and all my videos, online or local, only show a black screen.I have tried every possible solution to this issue. Run the troubleshooter, uninstall and...
  4. Video capture has a black screen and working audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio: Hello, When using video capture all I get is audio and a black screen. I did not have this problem before, then I recorded many videos. I have not use Capture for a period so I don't now when this problem arrived. thanks and regards...
  5. Video Editor in Windows 10 stopped working after few minutes - black screen for videos on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor in Windows 10 stopped working after few minutes - black screen for videos on...: Hi community, I have tried the Video Editor (part of the Photos application) in Windows 10 to create video. I have created new project and worked on it for couple hours. I am having there couple of dozens trimmed videos. Last time when I was working on my project the...
  6. Jan 2019 update black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jan 2019 update black screen: Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jan-2019-update-black-screen/4b891eb3-2a1f-4b58-9371-9730ef0a513a
  7. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...
  8. HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death: The new update processed on my HP pavilion laptop. I now have the blue screen of death with Service Exception Error. It will not run in an advanced safe mode, it will not process recovery, and it will not revert to previous versions. A system check that was able to get...
  9. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update: I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my...
  10. Video and Audio Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and Audio Stops Working: After only a few short videos or if I pause and restart a couple of times, videos and audio will not work anymore. I have to reboot and if I'm lucky I can watch a video. This has been going on for months and seems to be getting worse. I am taking online classes and I need to...