Windows 10: Videos stuck in wide screen mode

Discus and support Videos stuck in wide screen mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently something happened so when I watch video online and put them on full screen, they show up wide screen so it's black on top and bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harlequinn3000, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Videos stuck in wide screen mode

Recently something happened so when I watch video online and put them on full screen, they show up wide screen so it's black on top and bottom of screen (above and below video). This make movies look stretched side-ways and actors, etc look wider than they are supposed to be. I tried every PC and TV setting I could find.

:)

Harlequinn3000, Sep 4, 2017
  2. asem305 Win User

Nokia N73 Music Edition Display

well, some people like the wide screen landscape effect Videos stuck in wide screen mode :)it's much easier to do things in a wide screen. and it's much nicer to watch videos in landscape (although most video players will offer you that mode without having to add anything to the phone
    ).

new phones like N95 have an accelrometer inside that tells the phone how it's being held, and so the screen automatially adjusts itself to proper viewing mode.

asem305, Sep 4, 2017
  3. singhnsk Win User
    Video Asha 311

Being the size of the screen not so wide in portrait mode, the video will only appear very tiny in the middle of the screen. So, that option is not provided.

I don't think we need a volume indicator in videos. You'd better keep it at a level you'll be able to hear properly and that definitely won't depend upon the levels shown by indicator.

singhnsk, Sep 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Videos stuck in wide screen mode

It does help if you fill out all of your system spec's. If video is in widescreen, I would start with the application that you are using, then checking the tv to see if it is on Zoom or Full/16:9.

bro67, Sep 5, 2017
  5. How do i check the applications that the websites are using? Right clicking the video doesn't give me option for the app they use to play the video.

Harlequinn3000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Videos stuck in wide screen mode

1. Videos stuck in wide screen mode - Similar Threads - Videos stuck wide

2. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window snapping on ultra wide screens: Hi guys,I have always found the windows key and arrow key useful for dividing the screen quickly into two equally spaced work areas on the screen. Is there a way of snapping into three. I.e. using the centre third. I am aware of an app called magnet on OSX is there a method...
  3. Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen: Hi my computer is stuck in wide screen and the top and bottom of the screen are black i tried to restore to sertain time date that didnt work and i tried to download the driver from amd and it[IMG]didnt work and i tried to factory reset and it didnt work and tried changing...
  4. Wide screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wide screen: Until an update Wednesday 9/9/20 screen was okay. Then after update everytthing is wide, settings are same as before. 164328
  5. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  6. Wide screen setting's problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wide screen setting's problems: Besides my laptop screen I also have a separate wide screen which is causing problems made by a company called ^OC, the first letter being an upside down V at an angle to the right which makes it impossible to do a Google search or find out who they are. Finally there are 3...
  7. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on lock screen in safe mode: Hello, I'm Maricruz Covarrubias and I can't get out the lock screen in safe mode with my password. I tried that method where you hold the shift key and clicked on restart in power button menu and go to the troubleshooting section and clicked restart again where it gives you...
  8. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  9. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...
  10. stuck in start full screen mode

stuck in start full screen mode: when i disable it it keep getting back to on please help me i dont have the tabled mode on and i dont know what to do please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/stuck-in-start-full-screen-mode/f05fb9e0-6c85-48a7-9855-e19099f47e27