Windows 10: Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

Discus and support Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harout Isgenian, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks.

:)

Harout Isgenian, Jan 27, 2022
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 27, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

1. Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Videos Thumbnail icon

2. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  3. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  4. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10

Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10: A few months back the thumbnails for my video files .mp4 stopped appearing and now just appear as the stock video icon after I believe I downloaded and installed WinRAR. However, my image files .jpg, .png, and .gif are still fine. Over time, sometimes when I have downloaded a...
  6. Video thumbnails

Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  7. Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-thumbnailicon-problem-windows-10/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  8. Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10

Videos Thumbnail/icon Problem Windows 10: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-thumbnailicon-problem-windows-10/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  9. PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail: Hi all, Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon overlaying the thumbnail of video files. This happened after I just tried to change the default icon of VLC player, but now, all the...
  10. Windows 10 icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 icon thumbnails: hi. sorry if i posted in wrong section. i have windows 10 pro x64 on my laptop with 4GB of ram. when i open a folder which contains programs (exe files), all icons are white (empty) and it slowely generate thumbnails of icons, the main problem is: this progress repeats...