Windows 10: Videos Turning Green

Discus and support Videos Turning Green in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; (Bear with me, I don't know much about computers.) All the videos on this computers either show as green or black. This problem I only fixed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joannazheng, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Videos Turning Green

(Bear with me, I don't know much about computers.)

All the videos on this computers either show as green or black. This problem I only fixed on Google Chrome by turning off "Use hardware acceleration when available".

But, all other videos are played as green (or black). For example, Netflix movies/tv shows play as green. If I screen recorded videos on my computer they would show as green too.

All my drivers are up to date and I currently have no Windows updates to install. Help?

:)

joannazheng, Dec 21, 2018

2. Videos are green?

I found this official describtion from Microsoft Support about this problem.

A short summary about the possible solutions:

• Make sure that you are using the latest drivers for the video card that are provided directly from the video card manufacturer or from the system manufacturer. If you update the drivers, make sure that the Color Quality setting in the Display Properties dialog box was not reset.
    • Verify that you have any other software updates for the video card. Also, verify that you have the latest updates for Microsoft DirectX. For other software updates for the video card, and also for DirectX updates, visit the following Microsoft Web site.
    • Turn down video acceleration. To do this in Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series or in later versions of Microsoft Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Change the advanced video acceleration settings. To do this in Windows Media Player 9 Series or in later versions of Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Lower the screen resolution. To do this, follow these steps:

Stackcraft_noob, Dec 21, 2018
  3. TheXed Win User
    Videos are green?

All of my videos are green on Windows 10. It doesn't matter if they are locally stored, streamed from YouTube, or played from DVD's; every video type imaginable I could test with is green.

It doesn't matter what program, or web browser I used (tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox)—I get the same green video. I've also tested with Windows Media Player, and VLC Media Player with the same green result. I can hear audio just fine but all I see is green for the video.

I do NOT seem to have this issue with video games or pictures—I only have Minecraft installed so that's the game I tested with to confirm.

Videos Turning Green 5VNYm.png

Update: Sorry for the lack of a reply. Things have been a bit hectic. I have gotten everything to work except Apps. Edge works, IE works, Chrome works. Just nothing else... Thanks for the help...The suggestions in the first answer have partially helped....

Update 2: Seems to work in VLC for Windows Store... But not Movies & TV

TheXed, Dec 21, 2018
  4. wallslo Win User

Videos Turning Green

Video not working the screen turns green.

I upgraded to windows 10 and video is not working. even the windows 10 tutorial wont work. i can hear but no video.

trying to play a video on the web, the screen turns green. i am sure a setting is screwed up, but cant find it.

thanks

wallslo, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Videos Turning Green

1. Videos Turning Green - Similar Threads - Videos Turning Green

2. One drive videos are green

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive videos are green: Hi Some of my one drive videos are not playing the screen is green. I used the app and different browsers It doesn't work. Videos are fine using one drive app on phone but not pc. Please help. I need to download....
  3. One drive videos are green

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive videos are green: Hi Some of my one drive videos are not playing the screen is green. I used the app and different browsers It doesn't work. Videos are fine using one drive app on phone but not pc. Please help. I need to download....
  4. One drive videos are green

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Green and Purple Video Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green and Purple Video Playback: Hello all,I am having an issue with video playback, any videos I play have a green and purple overlay. I updated my drivers and nothing changed. All online videos on browsers are working fine, only offline videos or captures have this weird overlay. I changed...
  6. videos display as a green screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    videos display as a green screen: Just in the last month, video player on certain videos provides audio but I am only seeing a green screen. I have exhausted what I know to try to fix the problem....
  7. monitor turns green

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor turns green: hello, I have a flat screen computerpretty old though.It was working just fine, until recently the monitor is turning green. I checked the cable for some loose connection, but its just fine.Could you please help me with what to do....
  8. Nightlight Turned Green

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight Turned Green: Just about 10 minutes ago, my night light settings activated as scheduled but turned my screen an awful green. When night light is turned off, the screen went back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix the extreme green of the nightlight?...
  9. Green screen for videos

Green screen for videos: I'm not sure how long ago I updated my computer, but I want to say about a month maybe less than that I tried to watch a video on Youtube and I could only see a green screen and hearwhatwas being said in the video. So I did some research and found out you could disable...
  10. Green screen videos

Green screen videos: I've recently downloaded the new version of Windows, and since then I've been getting this issue where other than chrome because I turned off Hardware acceleration. Every other apps have green screen when I play videos. For example like instagram. i need help a respond will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone videos turn greem