Windows 10: videos will not play in windows 10

Discus and support videos will not play in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jeffocal Win User

videos will not play in windows 10

I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube.

When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and would appear it if some could post a fix if one is available.

Thank you

:)

jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015

2. Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Hi Brantley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10. Not to worry, we’re here to help you out. Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Please provide us the following information:

• Do you receive any error message when you play the video file in Windows Media Player?

• Does this issue occur when you play a particular format of the video file or happens when you play any video file?
    Let us try to update the Display Adapter, and check if you are able to play videos.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS. I did not upgrade to Windows 10; I purchased this new Toshiba with Windows 10 already installed. I'm not going to download and use VLC or purchase a Windows app in order to pay previous purchased music or video.

Windows Media Player should work as it would on previous versions of Windows, especially since Microsoft purported Windows 10 has the best of Windows 7. Microsoft owes us an update, otherwise, I foresee an imminent class action lawsuit for the "bait and
    switch", deceptive practices and intentional emotional distress, because people buy computers to facilitate their work and lifestyles, not perturb and hinder each.

A. P.Brantley, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

videos will not play in windows 10

1. videos will not play in windows 10 - Similar Threads - videos play

2. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  3. PC is lagging when I play 4K video

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is lagging when I play 4K video: I’d like to play a 4k video on my PC but it is lagging. Although when I play a HD video it works fine. I think that this problem appeared after the last update. Before that date when I updated my PC it had been working fine with 4k videos....
  4. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....
  5. Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video: I am using a laptop running Windows 10 and I am having a problem. When I watch a Youtube video using the Chrome browser and my screen blinks black every time I go back to the video playing window. My device has two GPUs, one from Intel and one from Nvidia. Look forward to the...
  6. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos not playing: My Videos are not playing.Kindly help.I am getting Error 80070490. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-not-playing/8bbc87bc-dc6f-45a5-b9df-7233636a2145
  7. Copying video file to be played on dvd player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying video file to be played on dvd player: I have home movies that I transferred from vhs to dvd using the dubbing function in my vcr/dvd recorder. After it was done, I selected "finalize", and was able to play the movies on another dvd player. Now I want to make copies on additional dvds. I was able to copy the...
  8. Audio play back with video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio play back with video: I have recorded a series of videos using window 10 camera and a Samson mic. When I play it back I can see the video and in the sound settings I can see the audio signal I just can't hear it. When I play a You Tube video I can see the volume signal in Sound settings I just...
  9. problem while playing any videos in movies and tv app of windows 10 after the update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem while playing any videos in movies and tv app of windows 10 after the update.: Hi, This is regarding the issue which i am facing while any videos in the in-built app of windows 10 which is Movies and T.V. app after the upgrade.The issue which i am facing right now is that when i start playing any video, a dark green color background will appear on...
  10. How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?: I want to know how to set up videos to play as muted, as I recall there was a way back in windows 7 to write a code like "-muted" or something in the properties, but now it does not longer appear to be possible. So is there a way to set videos to muted, or will I have to...