Windows 10: videos will not play in windows 10

Discus and support videos will not play in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jeffocal Win User

videos will not play in windows 10

I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube.

When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and would appear it if some could post a fix if one is available.

Thank you

:)

jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Abdul_Malik Win User

Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Hi Brantley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10. Not to worry, we’re here to help you out. Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Please provide us the following information:

• Do you receive any error message when you play the video file in Windows Media Player?

• Does this issue occur when you play a particular format of the video file or happens when you play any video file?
    Let us try to update the Display Adapter, and check if you are able to play videos.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 30, 2015
  3. A. P.Brantley Win User
    Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS. I did not upgrade to Windows 10; I purchased this new Toshiba with Windows 10 already installed. I'm not going to download and use VLC or purchase a Windows app in order to pay previous purchased music or video.

Windows Media Player should work as it would on previous versions of Windows, especially since Microsoft purported Windows 10 has the best of Windows 7. Microsoft owes us an update, otherwise, I foresee an imminent class action lawsuit for the "bait and
    switch", deceptive practices and intentional emotional distress, because people buy computers to facilitate their work and lifestyles, not perturb and hinder each.

A. P.Brantley, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

videos will not play in windows 10

1. videos will not play in windows 10 - Similar Threads - videos play

2. Cannot play AVI video on HDD but can play the same video on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot play AVI video on HDD but can play the same video on SSD: As title. After I copy the video from HDD to SSD it plays fluently. However, I don't want to store the video on SSD due to limited storage on SSD whereas enough storage on HDD. Is there any workaround? Thanks!...
  3. Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word: Hi there, I'm having an issue with my screen (I have a laptop). It blinks on and off, but only at certain times - such as when I am playing a video or entering information on Excel or Word (but only when I'm typing in the latter case - it doesn't blink on and off if I don't...
  4. Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10: Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-any-videos-online-after-updating/5ebbbe12-7b72-49d7-a0c3-44247d7643a1
  5. Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally

Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally: I just encountered this problem about 10 minutes ago after not using my laptop for a few hours. For some reason when I play videos the sound is mostly coming from the left side, and there's only a small amount of sound coming from the right. I've tried to figure out what the...
  6. media, photos , camera and video don't play in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media, photos , camera and video don't play in my computer: the media, photos , camera and video don't play in my computer . also the windows store didn't works. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/-/5c552221-0c61-466e-b1b8-9a2a823348f3
  7. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  8. other peoples video play back

other peoples video play back: all of a sudden when I play a video from someones post it over magnifies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-peoples-video-play-back/265d238e-64ca-478b-9cc3-d6386f70aa4d
  9. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  10. Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up: Hi, since yesterday evening I started having stutters every time I open up a video on youtube, a stream on twitch or even a video with VLC on my pc. While looking around for similar problems I found a suggestion to change the frequency of my output audio device and while...