videos will not play in windows 10

Discus and support videos will not play in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jeffocal Win User

I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube.

When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and would appear it if some could post a fix if one is available.

Thank you

:)

jeffocal, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Abdul_Malik Win User

Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Hi Brantley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10. Not to worry, we’re here to help you out. Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Please provide us the following information:

• Do you receive any error message when you play the video file in Windows Media Player?

• Does this issue occur when you play a particular format of the video file or happens when you play any video file?
    Let us try to update the Display Adapter, and check if you are able to play videos.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 30, 2015
  3. A. P.Brantley Win User
    Some Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS

Videos Will Not Play in Windows 10 OS. I did not upgrade to Windows 10; I purchased this new Toshiba with Windows 10 already installed. I'm not going to download and use VLC or purchase a Windows app in order to pay previous purchased music or video.

Windows Media Player should work as it would on previous versions of Windows, especially since Microsoft purported Windows 10 has the best of Windows 7. Microsoft owes us an update, otherwise, I foresee an imminent class action lawsuit for the "bait and
    switch", deceptive practices and intentional emotional distress, because people buy computers to facilitate their work and lifestyles, not perturb and hinder each.

A. P.Brantley, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. videos will not play in windows 10 - Similar Threads - videos play

2. Overlay When Skipping or Playing next songs when Playing Video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlay When Skipping or Playing next songs when Playing Video games.: Hello just curious if we ever get this kind of Overlay while playing video games or some other fullscreen Apps. Like we know, theres a lot of Keyboard designed with Media keys now days. so we can just skip to next music while opening full screen aplication. basically it was...
  3. Video only playing in B&W.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video only playing in B&W.: Just recently, my Toshiba Laptop started only playing Videos in B&W only. All the other color features like pictures and backgrounds are just fine in color. Tried all the troubleshooting and driver updates available in Windows 10. Am running Version 1803, Build 17134.191 Any...
  4. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...
  5. Image issue when playing videos

Image issue when playing videos: Hello, I have been having issues out of nowhere when playing videos on my Laptop, the video image appears to be zoomed in and blurry; the sound is perfectly fine and it doesn't appear to be an issue of zooming in and out within the settings or using the mouse control. This...
  6. Weird freezes while playing video games

Weird freezes while playing video games: I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth...
  7. Does anyone know why, when I play movies or videos it pauses and then plays and then pauses...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know why, when I play movies or videos it pauses and then plays and then pauses...: Thanks for any solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/does-anyone-know-why-when-i-play-movies-or-videos/7d38bb3d-88b8-4925-9543-f21e03b8939f
  8. pc freezes while play any video by any media player

pc freezes while play any video by any media player: whenever i open vlc or km media player to play video the whole pc freezes and i needs to shutdown the pc with power button i dont know why my pc freezes. i already updated my graphic drivers. any help is appriciated....
  9. Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video: I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I can't get any video to play on Facebook and Streaming services, have waded through multiple help pages and cannot find a solution....
  10. How can I fix my computer from freezing it usually does it when I play videos or music and...

How can I fix my computer from freezing it usually does it when I play videos or music and...: Thanls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-can-i-fix-my-computer-from-freezing-it-usually/83e60087-b080-47c3-b830-1bb776aea9d6