Windows 10: video's will randomly stop playing

Discus and support video's will randomly stop playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BanditSkundrich, Jul 13, 2020.

1. video's will randomly stop playing

For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again

:)

BanditSkundrich, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Computer randomly stops playing sound

So recently my pc randomly stops playing sound. When that happens I cannot view youtube videos, or buffer spotify (anything that requires streaming stops workingÖ: twitch, facebook videos). The only temporary fix I found is to terminate audiogd.exe, which
    will fix the problem until the sound turns itself off again. I already updated my drivers, the issues persists and I don't know what to do

Jackomatrus, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

video's will randomly stop playing

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

video's will randomly stop playing

1. video's will randomly stop playing - Similar Threads - video's randomly stop

2. PC stopped playing mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stopped playing mp4 videos: I have windows10 pro up to date,I have reolink security cameras, linked to NVR, Recently the computer stopped playing survelance videos pushed via emails to my email.They play fine on my Iphone13 but not on the pc.What is the problem and how do I fix it....
  3. PC stopped playing mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stopped playing mp4 videos: I have windows10 pro up to date,I have reolink security cameras, linked to NVR, Recently the computer stopped playing survelance videos pushed via emails to my email.They play fine on my Iphone13 but not on the pc.What is the problem and how do I fix it....
  4. PC stopped playing mp4 videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video suddenly stops playing

Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  6. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  7. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  8. My Videos Stop Playing In Color!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Videos Stop Playing In Color!: My videos lose color when I press play. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-videos-stop-playing-in-color/78c40529-dc01-4ae4-a54a-f644a35dc87a
  9. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  10. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...