Windows 10: videos within news on msn.com will not play

Discus and support videos within news on msn.com will not play in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I click on a video within msn.com it will not play, just spins... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KathyKNUTSON, Aug 4, 2019.

1. videos within news on msn.com will not play

when I click on a video within msn.com it will not play, just spins

:)

KathyKNUTSON, Aug 4, 2019

2. Window 10 video sound not working on MSN news

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• How are you trying to play MSN News? Are you using app or browser?

• Is the issue specific to MSN News?

• Are you able to play videos from other sites?

• Have you tried using a different browser?
    Please get back to us with the information required,
    we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 28, 2019
  4. videos within news on msn.com will not play

Window 10 video sound not working on MSN news

I have the same issue.

I'm using W10, IE 11,

Only MSN new has no sound

Ads attached before video have sound

other apps have sound

music played from other sources has sound

audio on msn video is 100%

audio on computer is 100%

headphones and onboard speakers have no sound.

Dan Davis Sr, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

videos within news on msn.com will not play

1. videos within news on msn.com will not play - Similar Threads - videos within news

2. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  3. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  4. Why won't videos from MSN play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  5. Why won't videos from MSN play?

Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  6. MSN news tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN news tab: I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-tab/d9161dbf-8dd5-42eb-bb36-f76eda8ecd5c
  7. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  8. Video Loading Interfering with Playing MSN Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Loading Interfering with Playing MSN Games: Today, when I've tried to play Spades or Backgammon on MSN Games site, the ad video would start loading and continue with a black square saying 'loading' while the game page would appear behind it. The ad never would load and so it interfered with my accessing the game page....
  9. msn news app

msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....
  10. Msn,com Picture.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msn,com Picture.: Not sure where to post this. I have taken three pictures of myself in settings account, using the camera. I had to do this to get another picture out of view/selection. Now I have my new picture + 2 on the side. The problem is that I logged out the in to msn.com, but it is...