Windows 10: Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE

Discus and support Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a Vietnamese native and have recently switched from English to Vietnamese. Most of the system glossary translations are accurate, but there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NGUYEN THI MINH TRANG, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE

Hi, I'm a Vietnamese native and have recently switched from English to Vietnamese. Most of the system glossary translations are accurate, but there is one word that bugged me a lot: "sử dụng lại" reuse is a misleading translation for "recycle" = delete/reuse in English, but solely means "reuse" in Vietnamese. I suggest that you replace "sử dụng lại" in this case with "xoá".

:)

NGUYEN THI MINH TRANG, Jul 22, 2021

2. Telex Mode For Vietnamese Keyboard On Windows 10.

Hi Minh-Tam Nguyen-Nhat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I believe that you are on an older Windows 10 build because Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard is available for the latest
    Windows 10 Update, i.e., 1903 May update and Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (19H1) Build so that you can have the best possible typing experience and we're happy to announce that with this build you can now use Vietnamese
    Telex and Number-key based (VNI) keyboards for typing Vietnamese!

So, I suggest you to Update Windows 10 to the 1903 version to start using
    Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard.

If you are not getting the 1903 update through Windows Updates, then I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    PaulSey dated August 9, 2017 from How
    to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

Once you install the Windows 10 1903 update, then follow the below steps to setup Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard on your computer.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Language from the navigation menu > Select the + icon labeled [Add a preferred language].
    2. Type Vietnamese in the search box and select
      Vietnamese. Click Next button and install Vietnamese on your device, which will return you to
      Language page.
    3. Click Vietnamese, and then click
      Option
      button, which will navigate you to Language options: Vietnamese.
    4. Select the + icon labeled [Add a keyboard] > Enable the
      Vietnamese Telex keyboard or Vietnamese Number key-based keyboard (whichever you prefer).
    5. Click the input indicator button on the taskbar (or press Windows key + Space) and select
      Vietnamese Telex or Number-key based keyboard. Input anything via your hardware keyboard or touch keyboard.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Telex mode: Vietnamese keyboard

Hi Tina, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suppose you are using an old Windows 10 build because Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard is available for the latest Windows 10 build - 1903 May update and Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (19H1) Build.

Please update Windows 10 to the 1903 version and you will start using Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402766...

If you are unable to install the 1903 update using Windows Updates, please follow the instructions provided by PaulSey dated August 9, 2017 from How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Once Windows update installed, perform the steps below to setup Telex Mode for Vietnamese keyboard on your PC.

- Go to Settings

- Time & Language

- Language from the navigation menu

- Select the + icon labeled [Add a preferred language].

- In the Search box, type in Vietnamese and click on it. Click on Next button and install Vietnamese on your device. You will be returned in the language page.

- Click on Vietnamese - Option - Language options: Vietnamese.

Click on the + icon labeled [Add a keyboard] > Enable the Vietnamese Telex keyboard or Vietnamese Number key-based keyboard.

On the taskbar, click on the input indicator button - Vietnamese Telex or Number-key based keyboard

Max Newman, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Northoil Win User

Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE

recyle bin

my recyle bin clears itself - can't find a setting to stop this

Northoil, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE

1. Vietnamese major mistranslation: RECYLE = DELETE, not REUSE - Similar Threads - Vietnamese major mistranslation

2. Vietnamese type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vietnamese type: HelloAfter updating my Dell laptop, I can not install my favorite Vietnamese type of keyboard, which is the VNI type. In the system, It only has a keyboard for QWERTY or number or TELEX, which is not my type and I don't know how to type by Telex. Please help me. Thank you...
  3. Vietnamese type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vietnamese type: HelloAfter updating my Dell laptop, I can not install my favorite Vietnamese type of keyboard, which is the VNI type. In the system, It only has a keyboard for QWERTY or number or TELEX, which is not my type and I don't know how to type by Telex. Please help me. Thank you...
  4. Vietnamese type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recyle Bin Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recyle Bin Question: Since I've gone to win 10, when in the recycle bin, abd I click Empty Recy Bin, I still see the files in there. I close the Rec Bin, open it and all files are gone.is that how it should be working, seeing the files after I click Empty Bin?...
  6. Vietnamese Keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vietnamese Keyboards: I have two Surfaces. On one I can type with VIE TL or VIE VI. I prefer VIE Vi. On the second Surface, I can only load VIE TL. How do I load VIE Vi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vietnamese-keyboards/826a3081-e01d-447b-8d14-734e6804e0be
  7. recyle bin

recyle bin: my recyle bin clears itself - can't find a setting to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recyle/8da8a283-341c-49e8-b150-48fa7580feea
  8. reload recyling bin

reload recyling bin: reload recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reload-recyling/8e65ff81-13da-4a15-abcd-b12f7c877a75
  9. Recyle Bin

Recyle Bin: I am unable to pin by recycle bin to the start icons. I go to settings, personalization, themes, click on desktop icon settings, choose recycle bin, apply, ok. Does not show up. I cannot see my desktop anymore, just the one with the icons. Please help....
  10. Corrupted Recyle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Recyle Bin: I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a...