Windows 10: View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

Discus and support View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkPawelek, Nov 21, 2018.

1. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view.

:)

MarkPawelek, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2018
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 21, 2018
  4. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

1. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that. - Similar Threads - View png jpg

2. How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?: How can I convert a pgn file to a jpg file? I cannot open it with any of the Microsoft apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-png-file-to-jpg-file-in-windows-10/42b8da95-dfde-4bd3-9f42-aeedc4e68977"
  3. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  4. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  5. Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files: First let me start by saying - If you are going to tell me how to "Set Default Programs by File Type" STOP! That is not the problem, and I know how to set default programs. I have been doing it for 6 months. My work pc - Windows 10 will not save the Windows Photo Viewer...
  6. Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file

Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file: Hi, I have just received a one off photo which is a PNG and PDF but my computer will not let me open it. I have tried things like paint but no luck. So is there an app which I can get if possible FREE which will let me open them or convert them. Thanks...
  7. Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types: I want to favorite a .png file or .gif file but the Microsoft Photos app does not let me do that, is there anything i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-cant-favorite-png-or-gif-file/1474f9ff-c6ba-43ca-9526-20c4a4e55edc
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW: Is there any way to scan a pdf document and convert it into any of the following file types: jpg, png, gif, tiff? The Brother MFC-J-680DW scans everything into the PDF type of file. That is, after scanning a document or picture, is there an application capable of converting...
  10. Can I "print to jpg / png ? "

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I "print to jpg / png ? ": I find that In windows every time I try to print something there is a great option -- Print to PDF I wonder if I can print to jpg or png too ? What is the best and the most official advice of doing this? Does it require third party software? Note: I don't want to...