Windows 10: View/Choose Details

Discus and support View/Choose Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WildClyde, Mar 25, 2016.

1. WildClyde Win User

View/Choose Details

In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10?

:)

WildClyde, Mar 25, 2016

2. Understanding 'Choose Details' when viewing a folder

Hi Calum,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern. To properly diagnose this concern about the detailed folder, we would like to ask for a screenshot of the exact file folder. This will verify if this is possible in your files and folders.

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    article
    for steps on how you can modify your folders.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Mar 25, 2016
  3. calumb1 Win User
    Understanding 'Choose Details' when viewing a folder

Hi,

I am trying to understand the Choose Details box that displays when you right-click in a folder.

Once you click 'More..' it gives a whole host of Details to display for items in the folder.

I want to display the following for files in a folder: Assistant's Name
    and Assistant's phone . But where do you actually assign these details for these files/items in this folder?

These details seem useful, but there aren't much demos on this feature.

thanks.

kind regards,

Calum

calumb1, Mar 25, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

View/Choose Details

You Mean like this? You can also right click on any column title and add them.

AndreTen, Mar 25, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Can also access it like in older versions of Windows w/o using the ribbon. Click the detail View button in lower R corner. Click anywhere in highlighted rectangular bar. Window will open with active columns checked. Click 'More' at bottom of drop down window for access to almost any other detail column you'd want and more.

View/Choose Details [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

View/Choose Details

1. View/Choose Details - Similar Threads - View Choose Details

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  6. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  9. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  10. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Set DefaultFolder view to Details: I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218