Windows 10: View details of quarantined items all at once?

Discus and support View details of quarantined items all at once? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I restored an old drive that has many EXE files, which are self-running presentations from old CD-ROM projects of mine, and I'm attempting to copy them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Meisha, May 10, 2019.

1. Meisha Win User

View details of quarantined items all at once?

I restored an old drive that has many EXE files, which are self-running presentations from old CD-ROM projects of mine, and I'm attempting to copy them over using a third party back up app, however Windows 10 has snagged a whole bunch them all at once in rapid fire and sent them to the quarantine. I don't know how many there are, but the list is very long. Isn't there any way to get a detailed list of all the quarantined items and see at a glance where each one is located without having to click "Show Details" for each and every individual file? This would take all night. Thank you!

:)

Meisha, May 10, 2019
  2. Buelly Win User

How do I see (hidden) quarantined items?

Windows Defender is hiding any items that might be quarantined.

Windows Defender states, "To help protect user privacy, these items are hidden. Click view details to view the items."

The items are still hidden and states that items can only be seen by the administrator. Concerned that a virus may be hiding any items that may be quarantined or detected. Currently running Windows Defender scan and Microsoft Safety Scanner. Computer is
    running at a high level. Shouldn't Windows Defender reveal the list of items? If so, any suggestions for correcting the issue? Thank you very much.

[Original title: Virus and Malware]

Buelly, May 10, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Hi,

As per the description of the issue, you would like to know how to restore files that has been quarantined by Windows Defender. For us to assist you, here's a simple guide on how to see where the quarantined files are located:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Place a check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable
      Allow item
    • Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Click on view details.
    • In the description, it will show you the file path where it is located.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, May 10, 2019
  4. View details of quarantined items all at once?

Details of quarantined items

OK, I understand the quarantined items are inactive, but WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO VIEW THEM? And, in trying to enter version of Windows is there no option for choosing Windows 10 which is the one I have?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DoloresFarrell, May 10, 2019
Thema:

View details of quarantined items all at once?

1. View details of quarantined items all at once? - Similar Threads - View details quarantined

2. Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once: I used to use a sort command when trying to view all files across a bunch of folders at once. It makes sorting files easier. I do know part of the command was written as not sort kind, I may even have the word order off slightly however I am unable to remember which parts...
  3. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  4. quarantined items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quarantined items: How do I delete quarantined items. Windows Defender does not list them or offer a way to remove them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-items/d8fd7a87-e19d-41fc-bf67-2435b0e7d6b8
  5. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  6. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  7. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  8. How to delete quarantined items

How to delete quarantined items: So when I go to the quarantined items and I check the history, I there's only a details and allow button, there's no remove button, please help! I don't want to be affected with viruses!...
  9. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?: Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a way to pin all of them at once? Thanks *Smile 11799
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to view details of quarantined items in windows 10