Windows 10: View document properties

Discus and support View document properties in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CJW_sea, Mar 21, 2019.

1. CJW_sea Win User

View document properties

I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting?

:)

CJW_sea, Mar 21, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 21, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Mar 21, 2019
  4. View document properties

Document Property - View Freqency

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

No, we will not be able to view or track the number of views for each picture. But we can view the last viewed date and time for a particular picture. To do that, refer to the below steps.

1. Open Pictures folder.

2. Then click on View menu on the top of the file explorer.

3. Click on then click Details options.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

View document properties

1. View document properties - Similar Threads - View document properties

2. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  3. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  4. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. viewing recently downloaded documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    viewing recently downloaded documents: I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them, everything is unreadable....just gobblely gook. What is wrong....
  6. Viewing 2 documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing 2 documents: I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files...
  7. hp officejet document properties error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp officejet document properties error: Function address 0x00007FFEF609A839 caused a protection fault (exception code 0xe06d7363) The application property sheet page may not function properly. I get this error when trying to print. Printer only shows main tray and will only print in black and white. Please...
  8. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Viewing documents stored on OneDrive: When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...