Windows 10: View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

Discus and support View files as icons on Desktop ONLY? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to vie files as icons only on the desktop? Thumbnails make it harder to find the files, as they al look like small white rectangles.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Citonit, May 16, 2022.

1. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

Is there a way to vie files as icons only on the desktop?

Thumbnails make it harder to find the files, as they al look like small white rectangles. Its not like you can make out any detail at that size. Much easier to look for an app icon since I know what app it was made in.

BUT, I want to see thumbnails previews when I use the thumbnail view in folders

submitted by /u/Citonit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Citonit, May 16, 2022

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 16, 2022
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 16, 2022
  4. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, May 16, 2022
Thema:

View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

1. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY? - Similar Threads - View files icons

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop?: Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop? Without resorting to a folder.No icons, just the list of files. Or exactly like viewing a folder in list or small icon view, with the little icon in-line with the file name. I wouldn't need to see more than what is...
  4. Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop?: Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop? Without resorting to a folder.No icons, just the list of files. Or exactly like viewing a folder in list or small icon view, with the little icon in-line with the file name. I wouldn't need to see more than what is...
  5. Is it possible to view only a list of files on the desktop?

6. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  7. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  8. Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view: I have 18 desktop icons/shortcuts to apps on my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. But when I click to open the folder view of my desktop, only some of the icons appear. I can't figure out why this is, and I'm also concerned that my desktop won't back up correctly.Desktop...
  9. Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view

Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view: I have 18 desktop icons/shortcuts to apps on my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. But when I click to open the folder view of my desktop, only some of the icons appear. I can't figure out why this is, and I'm also concerned that my desktop won't back up correctly.Desktop...
  10. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...