Windows 10: View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety

Discus and support View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Family Safety, how can I see hour-by-hour usage reports by app? It says, "Chrome, 3 hours yesterday". I want to see "Chrome, August 23, 3 AM - 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JesseKGZ, Aug 23, 2022.

1. JesseKGZ Win User

View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety

In Family Safety, how can I see hour-by-hour usage reports by app? It says, "Chrome, 3 hours yesterday". I want to see "Chrome, August 23, 3 AM - 6 AM".

:)

JesseKGZ, Aug 23, 2022

2. Family Safety - App hours inaccurate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Disable Anti-virus software

the issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software.

Method 2: I would also suggest you to refresh the
    Family Safety Filter. I request you to refer below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Method 3: Please refer the article and make sure Family Safety settings are set correctly.

Set up Family Safety

Windows help & learning

For additional information go through the below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-safety-faq

Hope the information helps. Please let us if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 23, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Family Safety- Inaccurate Screen time extension usage

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We understand the frustration when things don't go the way they supposed to. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

In another scenario, these three questions might help you to identify on the issue.

1) How does the child ask for an extension?

2) How does the parent provide an extension?

3) What is the number of hours allowed for that given day when you login as a parent associated to the family?

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

MS Family Safety - Child account activity reports show hours of Edge usage, but no websites

Hi,

For the last few months, the "Recent Activity" reports at https://account.microsoft.com/family/ for my son's account have shown accurate application usage, including many hours of usage on the Edge browser. However, the website activity is always empty (it
    reads, "When your child browses websites they'll appear here.").

I've called MS Support for assistance, and they eventually directed me to the Troubleshooting guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/29533738-5766-4ba5-881c-c588e45201dc
    . I've gone through the guide, and taken the recommended actions, but the reports are still consistent: they list all app usage, including hours of Edge... but never any websites.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:

* Prior to a few months ago (roughly April 2017), websites from Edge browsing were consistently included in the reports

* Child account is set up (and recently verified via https://aka.ms/familyverify) on three Windows 10 machines (two desktops, one SP3)

* All three child account machines are kept up-to-date with all updates (including 1703 / Creator's Update)

* Child account is a Standard User on all three machines, and UAC is enabled

* Feedback setting on all three machines is Full

* Child account is also set up on an Xbox 360, an Xbox One, and a no-cell-service Windows 8 Phone

* All other MS Family Safety features (time limits, app usage reports, etc.) are working perfectly

* Household includes other Win 7/8/10 machines and a Windows Home Server 2011 (child account is not on those)

* I can provide further details if needed.

Tenforo, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

1. View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety - Similar Threads - View hour hour

2. Family Safety App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...
  3. FAMILY SAFETY - can add more screen time or lock/set weekly hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAMILY SAFETY - can add more screen time or lock/set weekly hours: Hi i cant add more screen time to my kids devices.On windows we get an error 80f81d93On Xbox we get an error 0x80a40026I spent 3hours on chat with several people today, we did resynchronizing my kids accounts tbh we didnt do anything else.Another task which we stuck on was...
  4. FAMILY SAFETY - can add more screen time or lock/set weekly hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FAMILY SAFETY - can add more screen time or lock/set weekly hours: Hi i cant add more screen time to my kids devices.On windows we get an error 80f81d93On Xbox we get an error 0x80a40026I spent 3hours on chat with several people today, we did resynchronizing my kids accounts tbh we didnt do anything else.Another task which we stuck on was...
  5. View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety: In Family Safety, how can I see hour-by-hour usage reports by app? It says, "Chrome, 3 hours yesterday". I want to see "Chrome, August 23, 3 AM - 6 AM"....
  6. View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View hour-by-hour app usage in Family Safety: In Family Safety, how can I see hour-by-hour usage reports by app? It says, "Chrome, 3 hours yesterday". I want to see "Chrome, August 23, 3 AM - 6 AM"....
  7. Family Safety - activity report showing way more hours than possible

Family Safety - activity report showing way more hours than possible: Hi, I recently set my son up with the microsoft family safety restrictions now while they work really well i have an issue - it appears to be calculating the time spent on things incorrectly - today for instance i have screen times set to 6am - 10pm with max scheduled...
  8. Microsoft Family - activity by hours

Microsoft Family - activity by hours: Hello, Recently I've configured Microsoft Family on two of my client kids computers. My client wants to see an hour by hour activity on children's accounts. For example, children are at an online school from 8am to 3pm. Client wants to know if they were for ex. playing at...
  9. Family activity report shows excess hours

Family activity report shows excess hours: Windows 10. All up to date. I have 3 children who I have set up screen time limits for - 30minutes on weekdays and 1 hour on weekends. However in the weekly reports they have been on for 2, 3 or even more hours per day. Some days it works and they receive 15 minute, 2...
  10. Family account setting for kids - set hours

Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...