Windows 10: View icons

Discus and support View icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often. I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, Sep 26, 2017.

1. convul Win User

View icons

Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often.
    I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other than Medium or Large Icons.
    As soon as I turn my back this Windows 10 seems to want to return me to List; not always, but far more often than my old W7. I need go out of a file only once (Leaving it in Medium icons) and often but not always, when I return sure enough I have to spend time selecting Medium Icons again.
    As I said, far more often than in W7.
    Have I any control over this?
    Thanks for the help.

:)

convul, Sep 26, 2017

2. VIEW TASK ICON -

THE ICON IS THERE BUT WHEN CLICK ON IT JUST GOES DARK THAN I CLICK IT AGAIN COMES BACK TO A BRIGHT SCREEN WIN 10

JamesShearer1, Sep 26, 2017
  3. VIEW TASK ICON -

Run the Start menu troubleshooter:

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

If that does not work:

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down to Windows Explorer then select it

Click Restart

If that does not work:

uninstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

View icons

1. View icons - Similar Threads - View icons

2. I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...: I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please any idea on what I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-wi-fi-icon-on-my-dell-xps-13-9350-so-i/41db4654-b779-49aa-a4d7-d2a32412c49c
  3. I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...: I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please any idea on what I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-wi-fi-icon-on-my-dell-xps-13-9350-so-i/41db4654-b779-49aa-a4d7-d2a32412c49c
  4. I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  6. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  7. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  8. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  9. why am I no longer able to get "extra Large Icons" under the view tab in windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why am I no longer able to get "extra Large Icons" under the view tab in windows explorer.: I'm handicapped and can't see my screen unless they are bigger than large which is what size they are on extra large setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-no-longer-able-to-get-extra-large-icons/70877053-e09b-458e-bf07-5cfed90baa36
  10. why am I no longer able to get "extra Large Icons" under the view tab in windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I no longer able to get "extra Large Icons" under the view tab in windows explorer.: I'm handicapped and can't see my screen unless they are bigger than large which is what size they are on extra large setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-no-longer-able-to-get-extra-large-icons/70877053-e09b-458e-bf07-5cfed90baa36