Windows 10: View icons

Discus and support View icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often. I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, Sep 26, 2017.

1. convul Win User

View icons

Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often.
    I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other than Medium or Large Icons.
    As soon as I turn my back this Windows 10 seems to want to return me to List; not always, but far more often than my old W7. I need go out of a file only once (Leaving it in Medium icons) and often but not always, when I return sure enough I have to spend time selecting Medium Icons again.
    As I said, far more often than in W7.
    Have I any control over this?
    Thanks for the help.

:)

convul, Sep 26, 2017

2. VIEW TASK ICON -

THE ICON IS THERE BUT WHEN CLICK ON IT JUST GOES DARK THAN I CLICK IT AGAIN COMES BACK TO A BRIGHT SCREEN WIN 10

JamesShearer1, Sep 26, 2017
  3. VIEW TASK ICON -

Run the Start menu troubleshooter:

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

If that does not work:

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down to Windows Explorer then select it

Click Restart

If that does not work:

uninstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

View icons

1. View icons - Similar Threads - View icons

2. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Browsers and Email
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  3. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  4. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop: I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my computer, when I right click on my desktop, the View box does not pop up. What happens is the screen flashes, goes black,...
  5. Can't view pictures on image icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view pictures on image icons: Hi Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read here do not work/apply. I've reset my computer not long ago, so maybe this is part of the problem?...
  6. Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon: Running 10 Pro - ver 1809 - Build 17763.475 1. How do I remove, delete, uninstall Task View? Not just the button, I don't want to use it at all, I don't want it on the computer. 2. Cursor freezes for a second or two every now and again. I'm not using a mouse, just the...
  7. Problem with view of icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with view of icons: Normally, I open my "icons" folder and I see small versions of the icon itself. Now I'm getting what you see in the screenshot attached. You will note there is one icon that shows up, like normal and like I want them to. What have I done to change this? I want to be able to...
  8. picture view instead of Icon

picture view instead of Icon: for some reason when I open a folder with pictures the icon of a blue mountain in a box appears for each picture. If I use the feature of slide show they pics display ok and I can individually click icon to open the picture and that displays ok. And some times the pic will...
  9. Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?: After months of success... no headaches, the icon shadow is back thanks to Task View. Simple fix is don't use Task View. Is there a fix for this? I've done the below (shadow is even set to zero and TV still turns on shadow and leaves it that way.) Windows 7 Help Forums...
  10. View Large Icons in File Explorer

View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...