Windows 10: View live info over usb port

Discus and support View live info over usb port in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cinder_shot1234, Feb 24, 2021.

1. View live info over usb port

So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a button is pressed. What I'm doing now I need something similar but on windows. Preferably through powershell but at this point if even just dumps it in a random file that'd be great. I've been trying my best to find info on this but after a ton of time on google I still can't really find anything.

submitted by /u/Cinder_shot1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cinder_shot1234, Feb 24, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

View live info over usb port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Feb 24, 2021
  4. View live info over usb port

USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

View live info over usb port

1. View live info over usb port - Similar Threads - View live info

2. USB ports staying live after power off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports staying live after power off.: Hi.Computer is an Acer Aspire Desktop XC-1760 running windows 11, when I shut the PC down the USB anything plugged into the USB ports are staying on, how do I set the USB ports to shut down when I shut down the computer not sleep mode but power off...
  3. USB ports staying live after power off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports staying live after power off.: Hi.Computer is an Acer Aspire Desktop XC-1760 running windows 11, when I shut the PC down the USB anything plugged into the USB ports are staying on, how do I set the USB ports to shut down when I shut down the computer not sleep mode but power off...
  4. Live Tile info !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  5. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  6. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Doubt over which usb port to use for webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt over which usb port to use for webcam: Which usb port should i use for webcam in order to avoid spinning circle on lock screen. I dont have that problem now , but in order to avoid in future and which is safe ?...
  8. View live info over usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View live info over usb port: So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a...
  9. Sharing USB port over LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing USB port over LAN: In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet. Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well....
  10. USB port changing state over time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port changing state over time: I'm using a current Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) running Windows 10 Home x64. I have this infuriating problem which may be related to the hardware but may also possibly be fixed in the OS. I've had no success so far changing power and sleep settings in the BIOS and Device...