Windows 10: "View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to...

Discus and support "View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Notice how scant the information is in the Windows Updates "view optional updates". I cannot tell what these actually are. [ATTACH] This list has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie RI, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Jamie RI Win User

"View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to...

Notice how scant the information is in the Windows Updates "view optional updates". I cannot tell what these actually are.

"View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to... a03814f6-1e6c-40bb-81af-56f8fd98665c?upload=true.png

This list has me asking questions. How is anyone supposed to act on this list when the

• What is the actual driver NAME? Many just say "firmware" or "SoftwareComponent", which means nothing!
    • Where are the release notes? Can't there be a link to a Knowledge Base article that explains what the update does and who might need it?I can't even select the text to copy and search to see if the software version numbers connect me to something useful.
    • I probably don't care about some, and really do care about others. There is just no way to tell if any of these have connections to my sporadic boot, driver or application faults.

Software engineers toiled on these releases, and every one was done for a reason. This ****presentation blocks any smart decision making.

Is there somewhere under the covers where I can find much more information about each item so I can assess if it is relevant to me?

thanks!

Jamie

:)

Jamie RI, Oct 11, 2020
  2. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Jak25 Win User

"View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to...

LIST view for folders and subfolders - Win10

Hi.

I've only just installed Windows 10-- I waited til the last possible moment in hopes of having the least problem with bugs or other issues from a year ago.

I suppose this isn't indigenous to 10, but since all my folders seem to be defaulting to Details view, I went looking for a way to make select folders AND their subfolders-- specifically, the Documents folder and Downloads-- show as List view.

Anyway, I read a few things about Registry tweaks, but, although I'm pretty well-versed in PCs, I really don't understand much of what's discussed about Registry stuff; I do much better with a specific, step-by-step instruction.

I appreciate the .Bat files Brink provide in his link, but alas, none of those options allow for List view. Is my ONLY option to individually change each one? Because, that seems so unnecessary in 2016! No idea why it wouldn't be an ultra-simple bit of code. But, do you know of a way to do what I'm asking?

(Parenthetically, an awful lot of "Windows 10" tweaks I'm seeing online illustrate menus and views that aren't there in my Windows. Weird stuff.)

Thanks!

Jak

Jak25, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

1. "View optional updates" delivers a vague and obtuse list. How can I tell what matters to... - Similar Threads - View optional updates

2. View optional updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View optional updates: I constantly have this Driver update for the keyboard showing up under optional updates see image below. If I choose to install it, it acts like it is installing but then show up again ready to install again. What can I do to make this update either install or go...
  3. view optional updates

view optional updates: Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support when I tried to update this driver update! its still in there and not disappearing and a command prompt pops out and disappear is that a...
  4. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  5. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  6. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...: I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in...
  7. How can I tell what Theme I am using?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I tell what Theme I am using?: I know this is a strange question but I wonder how I can tell what Theme I selected. I just built a new system for my wife and am having a VERY hard time seeing items on things like File Explorer. Some items in file explorer like Date and Size, etc are very dim and when I...
  8. How will Creators Update be "delivered"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How will Creators Update be "delivered"?: Just a question about Tomorrows possible Creators update release. How will it be delivered? I mean will a WU show a KB? Will it say it is the Creators Update? I wish to wait a bit...perhaps 4 weeks for it to allow for some bugs to get fixed. I have set defer feature updates,...
  9. How can I best tell what's in W10 builds before updating?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I best tell what's in W10 builds before updating?: OK. Some good ideas here. Will give them a go. Thanks! *Smile
  10. How can I tell.....

How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...